Allowing updates trough TMG Firewall

Go to solution Solved by NomadeWolf,

Hi!

After acquiring and installing ESET Endpoint Security for my company, due to internet restrictions most clients can't update.

I've added all the sites in the list: hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN332&viewlocale=en_UK

to the exceptions, but the problem remains.

Is there anything else i need to do?

• Administrators

Do the clients update from a local mirror or from ESET's servers? What error are you getting on the clients when attempting to run update manually?

Do the clients update from a local mirror or from ESET's servers? What error are you getting on the clients when attempting to run update manually?

I wan't all clients to get updates directly from ESET.

I have not configured any (local) mirror.

The error i get when manually trying to update is: "Virus signature database update failed".

Edited by NomadeWolf

• Administrators

Creating a local mirror is a good idea as you won't have to distribute U/P to clients, the amount of data downloaded from ESET's servers will drop down, etc.

Creating a local mirror is a good idea as you won't have to distribute U/P to clients, the amount of data downloaded from ESET's servers will drop down, etc.

that is a most valid point. but we have laptops. some of which are more than a year away from the office. would they still be able to get updates from eset when not able to reach our server?

• ESET Moderators

Hello NomadeWolf,

Configure remote clients/mobile users to first attempt to update from the local LAN Update Server (Mirror), then through the Internet, directly from the ESET update servers.

Just follow these steps.

Regards,

Have you tried looking at your firewall logs the border? Maybe the firewall is still capturing it.

i made a query in the TMG and the traffic is being blocked by an allow rule... how can this be?

Edited by NomadeWolf

• 2 years later...

wait.

created a new specific rule, and it works!!!

Hi NomadeWolf,

Can you gimme the steps for the Rule you created in TMG.

I hope this is to Update ESET running on the same machine as TMG.

Please Help

Hi All,

Can someone help me with the Rule that needs to be created in TMG to allow ESET Updates.

ESET is not getting updated on the system that is also running TMG Management Console.

All other Systems are able to get Updates on the network.