ESET Cyber Security Pro (for Mac) & OSX 10.10.2 (14C1514)?

• ESET Insiders

Hey all,

It's been almost 6 months ago when ESET released v 6.0.14. Is there any news on a new mayor release update that will have adressed al known issues. And how about the reviews and performance of tis current version 6.0.14 in OSX 10.10.2 (14C1514)?

Just curious.....

TIA & Cheers

Edited by BDMSTUDIOS

• Most Valued Members

Someone from ESET can respond about the release date for the next build, but I can answer regarding how the current build is with 10.10.2. There has been a lot of module updates since the release and along with OS X updates for Yosemite, having both Cyber Security Pro and OS X up to date is quite bearable now.

As of April 2014 (with OS X 10.10.2 and ECSP 6.0.14.0 all up to date), the two major issues you could experience until the next build is:

• esets_proxy will crash or freeze and not be able to restart, meaning Web Protection, Anti-Phishing and Parental Controls do not work and leaves you slightly unprotected.
  • Shutdown is delayed due to a bug.

Otherwise, you shouldn't experience any other major issues... there are a few more in the pinned topic (also shown in my forum signature) which is constantly updated regarding this. Going into the update settings and selecting pre-release updates can also help with this current build.

Most issues are fixed and resolved in the recent release of ESET Endpoint Security for OS X (6.0.24.0) this year which hopefully means that they will also provide these fixes to ESET Cyber Security and Cyber Security Pro in the next build.

• ESET Insiders

Someone from ESET can respond about the release date for the next build, but I can answer regarding how the current build is with 10.10.2. There has been a lot of module updates since the release and along with OS X updates for Yosemite, having both Cyber Security Pro and OS X up to date is quite bearable now.

As of April 2014 (with OS X 10.10.2 and ECSP 6.0.14.0 all up to date), the two major issues you could experience until the next build is:

• esets_proxy will crash or freeze and not be able to restart, meaning Web Protection, Anti-Phishing and Parental Controls do not work and leaves you slightly unprotected.
  • Shutdown is delayed due to a bug.

Otherwise, you shouldn't experience any other major issues... there are a few more in the pinned topic (also shown in my forum signature) which is constantly updated regarding this. Going into the update settings and selecting pre-release updates can also help with this current build.

Most issues are fixed and resolved in the recent release of ESET Endpoint Security for OS X (6.0.24.0) this year which hopefully means that they will also provide these fixes to ESET Cyber Security and Cyber Security Pro in the next build.

Hi Planet,

Again I salut you for your reply, GREATLY APPRECIATED!! I'll hold for this update for now and await the next release, to have fixed your mentioned issues.

I hope someone from ESET could reply to my question about the scheduled new release.

Cheers

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

the service release is planned for the end of Q2 of 2015, but no promises everything depends on development, localization and testing resources.

Regards,

P.R.

• 5 months later...
  • Most Valued Members

, the new release for ECS and ECSP is here and is version 6.1.12.0, which already supports OS X El Capitan as well. This version has the Shutdown issue fixed, and the unprotected issue is also fixed, along with many other improvements I mentioned earlier in this topic.  :)

• ESET Insiders

, the new release for ECS and ECSP is here and is version 6.1.12.0, which already supports OS X El Capitan as well. This version has the Shutdown issue fixed, and the unprotected issue is also fixed, along with many other improvements I mentioned earlier in this topic.  :)

Thanks @PLanet for your info's. Will upgrade to the 6.1.12.0 version soon!

Cheers