Recent Update Attempts Failed - bug

ERA 6 is reporting this for several clients:

Recent update attempts failed     Security risk    ESET Remote Administrator Agent    Update    2015 Mar 26 08:04:28    Critical

Yet the time is currently 09:47 and the clients are all running the latest version.

So....bug report: Any successful update attempt should clear out all "recent update attempts failed" warnings. After all, the most recent attempts did not fail.

Jim

Edited by jimwillsher

Hi Marcos

Can that be done from ERA? or from PSEXEC or \\computername\C$\Blah ? I don't want to disturb the users.

Looking in ERA the clients are using database 11379, which is the same as my local PC is using and it sees no later version available. So I'm sure the client is upto date but ERA still shouts at me.

Jim

Hi. I've same problem. It's not virus database update, but ERA Agent. After restarting the ESET Remote Administrator Agent service, computer is displayed okay, but not for long. I don't know what to do.

Log is here: C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\trace.log

trace.rar

• ESET Staff

PaDoX: In your case Agent is not able to download updates repeatedly. From the log it seems that there is problem with your proxy: Failed to connect to HTTP proxy server '193.87.32.48' (port: 3128).

jimwillsher: Update error is from the Agent itself, not a security product. Agent updates are done each 6 hours (see Agent configuration). In next release there will be change to report this error after second unsuccessful update attempt with exact error. Also you will be able to execute both updates in Agent and managed security product (EEA/EES) by Virus Signature Database Update task.

This error was last logged in 11/03/2015. I modified the configuration in the ERA. After this date, this error does not occur. But it still does not solve the problem.