ESET & Adguard conflict

OkmgGYG.png

With reference to this screenshot, I want your kind attention, that my ESS8 is constantly flagging Adguard and Hitman pro / hitman pro alert 3  as PUP but Adguard support team has confirmed me to made an exclusion and its a false positive warning. I've contacted Ess support but I got no reply.

Any solution? suggestion/feedback !

Thanks and Best Regards,
Sadashiva.

Hello,

Your appeal is registered under number 984 507

Please do not reply to this message and wait for the answer to your question from the experts.

Kind regards,
Technical support ESET Russia

You wrote:
----- Support request automatic generated mail -----

Case type: Progissue
Case issue: Otherprogissue
User wrote:

I'm having problem with Adguard & Eset. Eset flagging Adguard as unsafe app.
( New reboot Adguard turns orange instead of green. Any idea / solution?

Version: 8.0.304.0
Product: ESET Smart Security
ESET SR id: 1994977

------------- End of support request ---------------

Hmmm... There maybe some PUP bundled together with the software. I do also have similar issue with my Paint.net previously. However, maybe you can add exclusions for Adguard and Hitman Pro. 

Edited by yongsua

• Administrators

Komodia is detected as a potentially unsafe application. This kind of detection is disabled by default as it covers legitimate tools that may be misused in the wrong hands. For more information about Komodia, please refer to hxxp://arstechnica.com/security/2015/02/ssl-busting-code-that-threatened-lenovo-users-found-in-a-dozen-more-apps/ for instance.

What is the detection name?

I downloaded the latest version of HitmanPro 2 days ago and also made a scan with it, and not a beep from ESET. And I have PUP, PUA, and Suspicious apps detections enabled.

Are you using the Adguard browser extension or the program ? I assume you use the program as you mention orange and green icon, I have never installed it so I can't say anything about it.

I have used the Adguard Firefox extension in the past, and ESET never said anything while using it for around 1-2 weeks.

@Marcos are you saying that Komodia is used in the Adguard program ? (not the Adguard browser extensions)

And I don't see any screenshot in the OP ? Only a quote.

• Administrators

We've been in touch with the vendor and it turned out that the detection name was incorrect. Instead of Komodia, the PUA detection was renamed to Netfilter PUA. The vendor was open for co-operation and took measures that allowed us to whitelist their files.

Sorry I want to get this right, which vendor was it SurfRight or Adguard  ?

I am happy to hear you was able to work it out so quickly with "them" the vendor, very nice.  :)

Hmmm... There maybe some PUP bundled together with the software. I do also have similar issue with my Paint.net previously. However, maybe you can add exclusions for Adguard and Hitman Pro. 

I've done an exclusion in ESS8 but all invain.

Komodia is detected as a potentially unsafe application. This kind of detection is disabled by default as it covers legitimate tools that may be misused in the wrong hands. For more information about Komodia, please refer to hxxp://arstechnica.com/security/2015/02/ssl-busting-code-that-threatened-lenovo-users-found-in-a-dozen-more-apps/ for instance.

I don't know how to disable Komodia in Adguard or in ESS8. For a layman like me I want a solution.

I downloaded the latest version of HitmanPro 2 days ago and also made a scan with it, and not a beep from ESET. And I have PUP, PUA, and Suspicious apps detections enabled.

Are you using the Adguard browser extension or the program ? I assume you use the program as you mention orange and green icon, I have never installed it so I can't say anything about it.

I have used the Adguard Firefox extension in the past, and ESET never said anything while using it for around 1-2 weeks.

Ess8 warns me to clean hitmanpro alert 3 before execution and I uninstalled it due to so many pop ups. But for Adguard I couldn't find any solution and repeatedly happening at every reboot that ESS8 warns me to clean the PUA. I'm using Adguard program.

@Marcos are you saying that Komodia is used in the Adguard program ? (not the Adguard browser extensions)

I'd posted the screenshot but don't know why it didn't appeared here.

CCBkdMv.png

I am happy to hear you was able to work it out so quickly with "them" the vendor, very nice.  :)

Both ! Surfright and Adguard.

Edited by sid_16

Has to be Adguard. I've been using HitmanPro & HitmanPro Alert for quite a while and not a whisper from ESET SS8.

And I have PUP, PUA, and Suspicious apps detections enabled.

Edited by TomFace

I'd a conversation with Adguard support team.

Hi,
Thank you for reporting this!

It's a false positive. We've already contacted ESET in regards to this.

For now, please add AdGuard to the whitelist.

Feel free to write us back if any questions arise.

Sincerely yours,
Adguard Support Team
Adguard Support <support.en@adguard.com>
Feb 27 (5 days ago)
cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

I've done an exclusion in ESS8 but all invain.

I don't know how to disable Komodia in Adguard or in ESS8. For a layman like me I want a solution.

Ess8 warns me to clean hitmanpro alert 3 before execution and I uninstalled it due to so many pop ups. But for Adguard I couldn't find any solution and repeatedly happening at every reboot that ESS8 warns me to clean the PUA. I'm using Adguard program.

I'd posted the screenshot but don't know why it didn't appeared here.

CCBkdMv.png

Both ! Surfright and Adguard.

Hmm ok, I see your screenshot inside the quote, but I didn't see it before I clicked on the quote button. And now I also see that Adguard was the affected vendor.

No, there is no Komodia in ESET's products. Komodia is no good, which is why Adguard did the right thing to get rid of it. I assume ESET let Adguard know what needed to be done in order to get Komodia out of the way, and out of their product......"The vendor was open for co-operation and took measures that allowed us to whitelist their files."

But I still don't understand what you say about ESET and HMPA v3 ? Could you post a screenshot of the ESET detection of HMPA as well for clarification ? There are no PUPs or PUAs in any software from SurfRight.

Edited by SweX

I completely uninstalled Adguard program from my PC , though I paid for it but my problem is solved.

P.S- Both Eset & Adguard support team couldn't provide me any solution to get rid of this Komedia thingy. There was no option left for me than to uninstall any one of them. Here I choose Adguard ' cos I can block adds simply by installing an extension (browser) but sacrificing an excellent AV like ESS8 is foolish.