Scheduled On-demand Scans

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

I would like to schedule scans as follows:

Weekly On-demand Smart Scans

Monthly On-demand In-depth Scans

The only issue is there are options for both daily and weekly, but there is not an option to schedule monthly. Would it be possible to add a monthly option to the scheduler? Thanks...

• Administrators

Although not a nice solution, you can work around it by setting the time interval 44640 minutes (60x24x31) between task execution.

• ESET Insiders

Hello Marcos,

True, although not the nice solution and a bit inconvenient in my particular case. I like to do full in-depth scans monthly on the first day of each month. Your workaround would indeed work but the inconvenience would be doing a monthly recalculation of the interval in order to have the scan occur at that particular time. I realize I could be nitpicking a bit but to me the purpose of a scheduler is to set up a precise recurring pattern of tasks that you wish to perform on an ongoing basis. For me, it would be just as easy (and inconvenient) to try to remember and run the scan manually on the first of each month. In either case, the ideal of course would be to "set it and forget it". I would like to commend you for "thinking outside the box" in coming up with this workaround. Whether I manually do a reschedule each month or just try to remember to run the scan manually, I still think the monthly option would add more granularity to the scheduler and make it (at least in my case) truly "set it and forget it". Thanks for the feedback....

• ESET Insiders

Hello Marcos,

I had previously read through the future changes threads but not seen this posted. Let me apologize if I missed it. Is there another "wish list" that I could have checked before starting this thread? I have probably looked in the wrong place...