Module update failed and unable to activate

Microbe
Go to solution Solved by Microbe,

Hi All, 

Anyone who experienced the same error that we encountered from one of our clients.

See below the steps that we take during the remote session:

1. Remote onto his device that encountered the error ' Activation failed - We could not reach the activation server ' - on the ESET Endpoint installed to that machine. We've tried to activate the licence using their licence key, but the problem still exists.

2. We've tried to run a cmd command type this : netsh winsock reset  then  hit enter, restart the PC and try to activate the licence, but still, Problem exist 

3. We've tried to re-install the Endpoint from ESET Endpoint Antivirus v10 to Stand Alone ESET Endpoint Antivirus version 11, but problem still exist 

4. We've tried to run a cmd type : ping.eset.com - but there's no blockings 

NOTE: They don't have any proxy 

We also use All in one  installer ESET Endpoint product +ESET Management Agent) and standalone installer but still, problems exist

I already submitted the logs from ESET AU and ESET AU i beleive already sent the logs to ESET HQ.

Hopefully, you can help us resolve this case.Thank you!!

For your reference, see the attached file. and see the below error that we encountered during the remote session.

Activation failed.JPG

Edited by Microbe
Add details

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Reproduce the issue
  3. Stop logging
  4. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here (only the ESET staff can access attachments). If the archive is too big to upload here, upload it to a file sharing service and drop me a private message with a download link.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Please generate and provide a Wireshark pcap log from an activation attempt.  Most likely a firewall or proxy is preventing ESET from reaching the activation servers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ESET Team, 

I will inform our client about this. When we were doing the remote session, he said ESET ports and addresses were allowed on their third-party firewall.

Note : When we tried to use offline licence, it worked, so that's why i told him before try to double check if the ESET ports and address were allowed to their 3rd party firewall.

but he keep on saying that on the other machine, which is ESET, it is working properly  ( he checked on the set-up, like gateway; they said that they have the same set-up on affected device)

Cheers,

Gil

Hi ESET Team,

See the below reply of our client :

I’ve added all the IP’s into the exception list on router and no change.

Like I said before, there is another PC on the same network which we are using as the proxy which has no issues at all connecting to the eset servers.

Can you help what should be the next steps?

Cheers, 

Gil Castro

Edited by Microbe
Add details

• 3 weeks later...

I will forward the above information. to our client 

I will let you know, once i got the respnse to them

Cheers,

Gilben Castro

• Solution

Problem has been resolved.

I Knew it there will be a problem on their gateway and firewall that needs to fixed.

Cheers,

Gil