The difference between the license of EAV and TRIAL ESET company

MDSN

• ESET Moderators

Hi,

Licenses using the format TRIAL-XXXXXXXXXX are intended for people who want to try our products before they decide to purchase. This license gives you access to full feature set, there are no limitations. Validity of this license is usually 1 month (with exceptions in rare cases).

Usernames like EAV-XXXXXXXXXX are regular licenses with a full expiration period of mostly 1 or 2 years (again, with some exceptions such as 3 years or 18 months) and can be obtained by purchasing the product from ESET or from our resellers, getting it in a bundle with a new computer, or by receiving a NFR (not-for-resale) license, e.g. by winning it in a competition, getting it with a magazine subscription, etc.

Yes, but I also saw (and see) EAV-XXXXXXXXXX licenses which are used as a trail license.

What license you get when activating the trail version of an ESET product mostly depends on the country where you activate the license and maybe also on the product you activate.

Edited by rugk

Hi,

Licenses using the format TRIAL-XXXXXXXXXX are intended for people who want to try our products before they decide to purchase. This license gives you access to full feature set, there are no limitations. Validity of this license is usually 1 month (with exceptions in rare cases).

Usernames like EAV-XXXXXXXXXX are regular licenses with a full expiration period of mostly 1 or 2 years (again, with some exceptions such as 3 years or 18 months) and can be obtained by purchasing the product from ESET or from our resellers, getting it in a bundle with a new computer, or by receiving a NFR (not-for-resale) license, e.g. by winning it in a competition, getting it with a magazine subscription, etc.

Thanks.

In this conditions if I buy license Trial more economic(frugal) because if I buy 4 Trial three months license is cheaper than the one I buy EAV Smart Security license.

Is this correct?

Edited by MDSN

• ESET Moderators

I think there was a misunderstanding - trial licenses are not sold, they are given out for free. To, literally, give the product a trial run, see how it works, see if you like it, etc.

Yes partners can create trial licenses if you need one.

Depending on what region your in, if your looking at the home products i would let you trial 1 maybe 2 for 1 month. It to me is enough to experience on 1 computer, the goal is to see if its a good product and good fit for you.

In the business side of things you get a lot more options, like trial for 10 workstations with Era and file security for 1 or 2 months.

There is a lot of license misuse in the past, and ESET has started to implement measues to combat this misuse of trials etc.

Partners and distributors, while the goal is to bring in more people to try and use ESET products, we have rules in place, but are to do what we can within reason to bring in legitimate customers.

:)

So many license terms in here I get confused.  :blink:

Download a fully functional 30-day trial of ESS and use it until it's close to expire.

If you like the product and want to continue to use it, but a real license for 1Yr or more.

As been said above you cannot "buy" trial licenses. I imagine that the 3 months license you mention is available via some "give away" somewhere, as they are usually valid a bit longer than the normal 30-day trials.

There are 6mo trials and 12, in addition to the 3, respectively.

;)

Remember the vip cards ? lol

12mo trials? Wow never heard about them before, not sure if it is correct to call a 12 month usage period for a "trial", I mean it's a whole year! It is one heck of a "test period" that's for sure. As that is afaik what the trials are for, to test the product out.

But then there are users that hunt giveaways all the time, so they only use giveaway licenses and never pay a dime to use the product.

Yeah sure, I remember those :D  

Edited by SweX