Problem with depth-scan on-demand

• Most Valued Members
On 11/21/2023 at 9:43 PM, AlSky said:

Ah, so you talk in future, you mean it will be fixed, but it hasn't been solved yet, right?

I believe this is available if you enable pre release updates for now 

On 11/24/2023 at 7:58 PM, peteyt said:

I believe this is available if you enable pre release updates for now 

Thanks, I got it finally.

On 11/21/2023 at 3:53 PM, Marcos said:

Cleaner 1245 is currently on the pre-release update channel. We'll continue with the release once the Antivirus and antispyware module 1605.2 with a workaround for the issue has been received by all users.

Hi, Marcos. I regret to report that after having automatically updated my ESET product to version 1245 of the disinfection module today, the problem with the depth-scan seems to have disappeared, but a new problem appears with the smart scan: it lasts now the same as the depth-scan (about three hours) and analyzes basically the same number of files (more than a million). I know because after testing if the problem had been fixed with the depth-scan I also performed a smart analysis. Before, the smart scan lasted just over fifty minutes and analyzed about half a million files. It is as if when selecting the smart scan the ESET product performs a depth-scan instead of the requested. And yes, I'm sure that first selected a depth-scan and after it a smart scan.

Best regards.