10.1.2050.0 to 10.1.2058.0 upgrade task takes long time

FRiC
Go to solution Solved by LesRMed,

Hi, whenever a new ESET version is released we always manually create upgrade tasks so we can control the upgrades. It usually takes a few minutes for the task to finish and for the clients to reboot, but this time it's taking literally hours and hours for the task to finish. Is there something special about this upgrade, or it's just some random slow Internet issue? Thanks.

ESET Endpoint Security and a mix of Windows 10 and 11 Pro. Latest CU.

• Administrators

There is no reason why it should take long to install the uPCU and upgrade the product after the computer restart. Do you use ESET PROTECT Cloud and send a Check for product update task to clients? Does it take hours for the system to start when the uPCU is being installed?

image.png

Sorry, forgot to mention we're using PROTECT On-Premises. Yeah, normally I just click on Update installed ESET products and it automatically creates a task. Well, I've been at this the whole day and it's taking anywhere between 1 to 8 hours for the task finish and reboot the computer. Some are still running right now.

• Administrators

Please post a screenshot of the task that you created because there is no such task "Check for program updates" in ESET PROTECT on-premise.

From the ESET PROTECT Dashboard I click on Update installed ESET products in the Component version status panel, then select clients from there, and whether to reboot or not after the update is finished, and a software install task is created.

There are two tasks in my screen shot, one is to reboot and one not. They've been running all day today and thankfully are almost done now.

image.png.a7effe7b62cb3c5e975e59e554d58aa7.png

image.thumb.png.905dccf09e776e813777000a5740a768.png

• Solution

I updates several of my computers on Friday from the Computers screen by clicking the ones I was ready to update and then selecting Update installed ESET products. I assume it would be the same as from the dashboard like you're doing, but I saw no problems. All computers updated and restarted within a couple of minutes.

12 hours ago, LesRMed said:

I updates several of my computers on Friday from the Computers screen by clicking the ones I was ready to update and then selecting Update installed ESET products. I assume it would be the same as from the dashboard like you're doing, but I saw no problems. All computers updated and restarted within a couple of minutes.

Thanks, I think it was a general Internet issue. The normal update also goes on forever. If this continues I'll have to check which server/route the updates are taking.