Problem with losing FDA

sesk
Go to solution Solved by sesk,

have to re-do the full disk access thing quite often. is it just me ? feedback welcome. because of it, i preformed a complete new install today afternoon, had to re-do it the full disk acess later at night. once of the two eset if often "off". sonoma installed.

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 20.46.04.png

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 20.47.04.png

nope, only Eset (and only one, not the real time protection, the other... like the screenshot of Sesk; but Cybersecurity go in red) . And on two Mac with Sonoma... 

Thanks!! 👍
let us know if you have fresh update :) 

(this morning, another time I've to re-activate the total access to disk... other apps doesn't do this)

• ESET Staff

It is problem in macOS Sonoma affecting micro-service architecture used in ECS and EEA version 7. The issue is still present in Sonoma BETA 14.1. OS is removing FDA for product application bundle during restart of macOS. 

Although we've reported it to Apple, we are trying to find a workaround fix of this. Hot-fix will be released immediately if we discover how to correctly exit product in problematic macOS shutdown. 

Thanks a lot for update!

I've seen that since a couple of days, it doesn't ask me anymore... I've search a little and perhaps it's when I let the login page of MacOs Sonoma open and wait a few seconds before entering my password...
Perhaps a coincidence, perhaps not (when I'm logging in, I see the eset window open in red and immediately it change to green).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Version 7.4.1600.0

Fixed: Proxy password is now encrypted in configuration export

Fixed: PCU update by OS restart no longer breaks the product

Fixed: Web access protection issues after upgrade from version 6

• ESET Staff

Lost full disk access is macOS Sonoma issue. Apple knows it.

Anyway, we did workaround to fix it in ECS 7.4.1600.0 and it should work at least on real HW. After fix we were not able replicate this problem on real HW, but still was able to replicate it in virtual machines running Sonoma. But not all VM vendors were affected so you should test it to see if fix is working for you.

Business customers: EEA 7.4.1500.0 has the same FDA fix.

• ESET Staff

Would be nice to hear that work around in 7.4.1600.0 fixed lost full disk access for you. At least those who reported this issue, are you still notice this issue?

Issue could not be reproduced after the update, thank you. Sonoma 14.2 is ´around the corner’, =are you still in touch with apple? 

• ESET Staff

We tested 7.4.1200.0 with Sonoma 14.2 BETA and FDA lost was not fixed there. We do not know what Apple will do between BETA and public release so may be Apple will fix in public release.

But we won't plan to test it again with older builds without workaround, we spent a lot of resources to find out working workaround so we would not have to fight with this problem again and again.

We will test if workaround in 7.4.1600.0 is still working in released 14.2 but we will not find out if it is because of workaround or fix in macOS.

• ESET Staff
On 11/9/2023 at 7:22 AM, daspolfo said:

Issue happened again today for me... 😓

I suppose you see it again with 7.4.1600.0 build. If yes, there's nothing we could do with it and you should wait until Apple release macOS fixing this issue.

We are sorry, but we did everything we could do to fix this OS issue.

Edited by Robertos

• Marcos changed the title to Problem with losing FDA
  • 2 weeks later...

ESET Cyber Security for macOS v7.4.1600.0 lost Full Disk Access again today after a full shut down and reboot. It is the only application that is losing FDA on macOS 14.1.1.

• 3 weeks later...