System ntoskrnl.exe high disk usage (300-400mo/s)

Hello sorry for this i did 3 eset log the first 2 were at 20gb and the l ast one was at 7-8gb (like the first one that i sent you 2weeks ago) . I also really apologize if this is taking almost a month :(  here the eset perf (i used the 4G because my connection is slow) https://www.transfernow.net/dl/20231001DV39GUcJ

• Administrators

The last log was generated when a startup scan was running so it's expected that ESET was reading more data from the disk.

Before generating the log, make sure that the ESET icon is not spinning and no startup scan is being run.

• Administrators

ESET Log Collector is among running processes. Make sure that ELC is not running when an advanced OS log is being generated.

Also try to kill these two processes and see if it makes a difference:

image.png

image.png

I don't see any issues with ekrn.exe reading or writing an excessive amount of data in the log.

• Administrators

I don't see any issues in the log

image.png

ESET's ekrn.exe is represented by the red line. There's just one very short peak when the local cache was being tidied up.

yeah that's weird , probably the issue is fixed after i removed the startup scan. Also when i started this post i had a older ESET version 16.2.13.0

now i have 16.2.15.0

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, ghalilahlou said:

Hello so now , do we say that the issue is now fixed ?

It's actually you who must know if the issue persists or not. If you are experiencing an issue, does temporarily uninstalling ESET make a difference?

Well i really don't experience the same high pourcentage that you see in the screenshots that i sent you before , and before i made this post (before i foun the solution) i uninstalled ESET 2times until i send a message to the forum.  i don't have this issue anymore.  is it alright if i can ask you a question about the stop/djvu ransomware that encrypted my files back in august 2023 ? 

• Administrators

Please do not mix different queries or issues in a topic. As for Filecoder.STOP, decryption is unfortunately not possible.

• 2 weeks later...