Event ID 7030 Help

Super_Spartan

I just did a clean install of Windows7  PRO SP1 then did all the Windows updates then installed the drivers then NOD32 Antivirus 8.0.304.0 (x64), then I performed an update to NOD32 and ran the system scan then rebooted

I noticed this error in Event Viewer:

The ESET Service service is marked as an interactive service.  However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services.  This service may not function properly.

I took a look at this article but couldn't find anything helpful......

I am the only user on this laptop and I am an Administrator.

I have a few shared folders with the permission set to EVERYONE / READ permissions and one folder which is the downloads folder set to EVERYONE = READ/WRITE permissions

Any help please?

Can a moderator login to my system via TeamViewer?

• 4 weeks later...

@MaXimus

The kb article you linked to has really nothing to do with ESET NOD32 Antivirus (a home user product), because it's about ESET Remote Administrator (a business product).

Additionally next time please "clear" the link address, so we don't get this information that you rated the kb article.

In this case this would be the best link: hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN82

@SweX

I see, ... :)

Then he can memorize it for the next time he uses an ESET product.

Edited by rugk

• 2 weeks later...

I am going back to NOD32 as I am not very happy with Norton Security, although it is much lighter than NOD32, there are a few things I didn't like........

The Norton Toolbar unfortunately is a MUST, if one doesn't install it, then he doesn't get any web protection. At this day and age, this is not acceptable, all other antivirus programs scan internally within thep rogram itself without having to rely on an external browser extension to function

secondly, the GUI......

I certainly don't appreciate that I have the Norton Backup function available in the main GUI even though that is not a feature of my subscription, if I click it , it would prompt me to upgrade the product to a higher version. That kind of injected advertising for other products is not acceptable to me. I chose this and only this subcription because that is all I need, I don't want to see any feature that is not pertaining to me

thirdly.....

very annoying thing......when I want to add exceptions, Norton doesn't show the system hidden files, so I have to go t Control Panel / Folder options and uncheck "hide protected system files and folders" in order to be able to see everything when adding an exception, that is a big hassle for me as I often need to whitelist folders in the C:\Users|all users folde which is a system hidden folder. not hidden.......but SYSTEM hidden.....other antivirus programs such as Kaspersky or NOD32 show system hidden files by default and that's a security feature

Glad you are back (to NOD32) MaXimus -and thanks for sharing :).

Thanks bro, Feels good to be home, no AV in the world can beat the GUI of NOD322 with its simpleness, any feature I want, I can easily find