js/chromex.agent.bz help

34 minutes ago, miki1980 said:

Es cierto desaparecio el mensaje, gracias DardaniaLion

Post in English per forum rules please!

Machine translation

It is true the message disappeared, thanks DardaniaLion

My outstanding question is how the Brave browser was able to create an extension in C:\Windows\SystemTemp directory . This directory is supposed to used exclusively by Win 10/11 OS to write the temp files it creates in normal operational activities.

I installed an extension to download videos in the brave browser, but that extension had been damaged, I just deleted it and the malware message has not appeared again, apparently that was the error, thankyou DardaniaLion

I found that the file path of this Trojan threat is in an extension suite called chatGPT. It may be because the extension suite has some malicious behaviors that lead to detection. I will remove this extension suite and observe it later.

I googled the text with a yellow background and found that it was the ChatGPT for Chrome extension.

image.png.8dbee2199979c115b43a1a1577625f60.png

So. I just tested the thing with the chrome extension. It seams to work for my company.
When I opend the extension administration it showed me that there was a broken one. With deleting the one we recievde no more virus detected mails.

Sorry for my English. At work we opted to disable Chrome's sync feature by running a PROTECT client task with the following command: 

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome" /v SyncDisabled /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

I hope you find it useful.
Best regards

Edited by arusconi

• 2 weeks later...

I have faced the same situation and solved it by removing 2 video downloader extensions that were doing these activities of initiating unathorized connection to unknown website.

On 6/13/2023 at 10:57 AM, Pinocoon said:

Suddenly today, I ran into the same situation.

After logging out of my Google account, the message disappeared.

But when I log in to my google account again, the message reappears.

I still don't know the cause.

I don't know if you has any answers for it yet, but i solved this by deleting all my extensions from browser and PC extension folder.