ESET Endpoint Security - Offline Repo for update

jebo1

Hi,

I'd like to setup an offline update server on a Windows 10 computer, with an EXISTING repository.

I use the mirror tool to copy my files in local :

MirrorTool.exe --mirrorType regular --updateServer hxxp://1.2.3.4/ep10 --intermediateUpdateDirectory c:\mirror\temp --offlineLicenseFilename c:\mirror\mylicence.lf --outputDirectory C:\mirror\out

In my ESET configuration, the local copy is in C:\mirror\out, without enabling the "ESET" HTTP Server, as we don't want to use it.

The operation is successful ("Mirror created successfully"). My repository (1.2.3.4 above) is copied locally on C:\mirror\out\ but "get update-status"  gives the following result :

- last_update_time : update has not been checked yet

- last_successful update time : update has not been run yet

- last_update_result : error

In the GUI, the error message is "server not found". Do we have to use the local HTTP server ? If not, could you please give us the steps required to troubleshoot this issue ?

Thanks in advance for your help

• Administrators

I would recommend opening a support ticket. We'd need to get:

1, the command-line parameters you use to create the mirror
2, logs collected with ESET Log Collector after enabling advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support and running an update from the mirror

We recommend using an http server for distributing updates to avoid potential issues with updating from shares via SMB.