Forum Feedback

dwomack

• Administrators
On 7/29/2024 at 2:05 PM, Sec-C said:

Long time ago I started following the ESET Products for Windows Servers subforum by clicking the "follow this content" button. This worked fine for a long time. In February I started receiving a daily mail with the following content:

"Marcos created a topic in ESET Products for Windows Servers
ESET Server Security 11.0.12008 for Microsoft Windows Server
"

All other topics send creation mails only once (right after creation). Only this single topic keeps sending repeated "topic creation" mails, like it's beeing re-created every day.

Is there a chance of fixing this? I don't want to unfollow the subforum, just because this one topic keeps sending weird mails.

We have received a response from our forum provider. They didn't see any reason why that email would continuously be sent and suggest to try unfollowing the forum for a few days to see if you still receive that same email daily. It could be an issue with your email service continuously sending the same email, so this may help us narrow down the issue. If it does turn out to be an email service issue, you would need to contact your email service provider.

17 hours ago, Marcos said:

We have received a response from our forum provider. They didn't see any reason why that email would continuously be sent and suggest to try unfollowing the forum for a few days to see if you still receive that same email daily. It could be an issue with your email service continuously sending the same email, so this may help us narrow down the issue. If it does turn out to be an email service issue, you would need to contact your email service provider.

Sorry, I should have been more accurate. Its not always the same mail. Its a daily digest mail ("one mail per day with new content from that day") - but the first entry in the mail is always this one topic. It is usually the only topic, since I don't follow many forums. But sometimes other topics show up further down in the same mail.
I'll try your suggestion anyways and get back to you in a week.

On 7/30/2024 at 3:34 PM, Marcos said:

OK, this did not help. I unfollowed the subforum on thursday. The topic was no longer part of my daily digest mail.
Today (monday) I started following the subforum again. 2 minutes later I got a new digest mail informing me about the creation of the same old topic 🤦‍♂️
Is anyone else seeing this behavior when following this subforum? Or is it just me?

• Administrators
On 8/5/2024 at 9:31 AM, Sec-C said:

OK, this did not help. I unfollowed the subforum on thursday. The topic was no longer part of my daily digest mail.
Today (monday) I started following the subforum again. 2 minutes later I got a new digest mail informing me about the creation of the same old topic 🤦‍♂️
Is anyone else seeing this behavior when following this subforum? Or is it just me?

The forum provider has acknowledged the bug, you should no longer receive a digest email with that topic.