How does ESET keep track of who's using the license?

Super_Spartan
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

With other AVs, you can login to your user control panel and see which PC is using the license and be able to remove it so you can like install that license on another computer.

How does ESET know who is using my license? Like what if I install my license on a computer, then formatted that computer, then later installed it on another computer, but the number of active users using the license never exceeds my limitation, how would ESET know or keep track of these things?

One thing I love about ESET is that it has never blacklisted my license for as many formats/reinstallations I've done whereas other companies would blacklist the key and you would have to wait until they reset the activation limit for you.

I am happy, but just curious how does this great system work

PS: I just upgraded my license from a 3 user to a 5 user license just to support ESET although I am currently using my license only on 1 PC

• Administrators
  • Solution

As long as you use your username/password to update ESET on as many computers as you have purchased your license for, this is not a problem. We don't track home users' license usage in any special way but can detect license overuse and act accordingly.

Smart. I have to commend ESET for having such a flexble yet secure system for license monitoring. No other AV gives this easy of re-installations. I am a person who formats a lot the moment I get a glitch, I'm OCD, I don't try to fix it, instead, I format.

Well I've been using NOD32 for more than 8 years and it never bothered me about saying that I have exceeded the re-activation limit or blacklisted my license so I think that's not needed to be honest as long as the current system works and gives no headaches

• 3 months later...

Hello Klunten. Take a look at this knowledgebase article on how to transfer a ESET product. I think that is what you are asking.

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2213&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1423578094143

Edited by TomFace