Should renew ESET Internet Security, or switch to Norton?

My current sub to ESET Internet Security (2022) expires in a few days. I'm not sure whether I want to renew, or leave ESET for Norton 360, which has more features for a better price than ESET Advanced.

Norton includes a VPN, and I can get 3 PC protection for about the same cost as 1 PC with ESET.

I kind of hate to leave ESET after all the years I have used it, and been quite satisfied, but then, I don't know what Norton has done over the years to improve their product.

I have read several reviews comparing ESET Advanced to Norton 360, and Norton pretty much comes out the winner every time.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Ultrarunner

• Most Valued Members
3 minutes ago, ultrarunner2018 said:

My current sub to ESET Internet Security (2022) expires in a few days. I'm not sure whether I want to renew, or leave ESET for Norton 360, which has more features for a better price than ESET Advanced.

Norton includes a VPN, and I can get 3 PC protection for about the same cost as 1 PC with ESET.

I kind of hate to leave ESET after all the years I have used it, and been quite satisfied, but then, I don't know what Norton has done over the years to improve their product.

I have read several reviews comparing ESET Advanced to Norton 360, and Norton pretty much comes out the winner every time.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Ultrarunner

As this is an Eset form the answers are probably going to be to stay with Eset. 

The only thing you can do is run a trial with Norton and see how it works and what you prefer. Some AVs can be very feature rich but can come with unnecessary extras which in turn slows down the system

peteyt got a point, you might hear biased opinion, but if I can give you my $.05.

I have used # of different security software e.g. avast, Outpost, McAfee, Bitdefender and Norton as well and they are all good in their own way, nothing is bullet proof and perfect, but why I chose ESET? It’s by far the easiest on your system resources, its light and although my PC is powerhouse, still, I like to have least resources using security app running in the background.

ESET does exceptionally in detection rating and I love the firewall, it’s huge + for me as well, but again, I'm just another user who is giving you personal experience and reason for using ESET.

18 minutes ago, itman said:

This topic is prohibited under forum rules:

Why? It's a healthy type of discussion, regardless of the product. Since I can see in the url that ESET itself runs this forum, I suppose this wasn't the best place to post my inquiry. But if ESET is going to be so paranoid about comparisons between their product and a competitor's, then perhaps it is time I tried something else. I have nothing to lose by doing so.

In the future, I'll find a neutral forum in which to post my queries.

• Administrators

As already mentioned, when it comes to choosing an AV the best course of action is to try out several solutions to find one that works best on your system in terms of footprint and performs well in tests. Then there are other aspects, such as price, technical support, etc. that may play role in the final decision. Although ESET doesn't belong to the category of cheap AVs, it's possible to find deals offering discounts.

As itman correctly pointed out, A vs B discussions are not allowed in most forums, e.g. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/posting-policy-recommended-threads.180128/ :

Members should not start topics in this section asking "Which is the better or faster or lighter or whatever?" or make comparison threads setting one Antivirus product against another (i.e. this vrs. that). Also, topics asking simply "What should I use?" and listing some or several products, is considered the same thing, just worded differently. Topics such as those require no thought, always produce the same arguments, and never resolve anything. Any topic of those types posted in this section will be closed by the forum staff.

Having said that, we'll draw this topic to a close.

• Marcos locked this topic