ESET NOD32 Antivirus Version 8 Has Been Released Worldwide

Marcos

• Administrators

ESET is proud to announce version 8 of ESET NOD32 Antivirus in all available languages.

Key features available in version 8:

• Enhanced Exploit Blocker: Protects against attacks on web browsers, PDF readers, Office documents, as well as Java communications and Java-based software that provides the ability to eliminate lockscreens and ransomware.

• ESET SysRescue Live: The next generation of the ESET SysRescue utility, ESET SysRescue Live allows you to create a bootable disk, in the form of a USB flash drive or CD/DVD, with the ability to scan and clean your system even when you cannot boot into Windows. ESET SysRescue Live is a Linux-based malware cleaning tool that runs independent of the operating system from the ESET NOD32 Antivirus retail CD (North America only).

• HIPS Smart mode: Only suspicious system events trigger a notification beyond the set of pre-defined rules in Automatic mode (operations such as system registry, active processes and programs).

• ESET Cybersecurity Education (North America only): New Cybersecurity Education introduces a more interactive and game-like approach to training. This replaces the previously named ESET Cybersecurity Training (note: the new name change is not reflected in the UI yet).

For more information including purchasing and downloading the product, visit the ESET product pages at the following links or contact your local reseller, distributor or ESET office:

ESET NOD32 Antivirus

Existing ESET NOD32 Antivirus and ESET Smart Security users can upgrade to version 8 for free. To upgrade to version 8, please download the installer from ESET's download page and install it over an older version (upgrade via GUI will be available later).

Related:

For further descriptions of current and new features in ESET products, visit the ESET Technology web page.

:)hello; Version 8 does NOD32 Anti virus is finally available in french.
Should we uninstall before installing V7 V8, or can we install over version 7
thank you
Sorry for my English, Google translation

• Administrators

:)hello; Version 8 does NOD32 Anti virus is finally available in french.

Should we uninstall before installing V7 V8, or can we install over version 7

It's up to you. If you want to preserve current settings, install it over v7. Personally I recommend performing a clean install for the following reasons:

1, I don't use any special settings as the default ones are best for the majority of users

2, In case the older version had some configuration issues (e.g. bad rules causing issues), installing from scratch with default settings would fix them.

Good news! I was waiting for the Spanish version for my kids' PC. BTW, this month I renewed for 2 more years but this time for 2 PC. It's a nice deal! I've been using NOD32 for 6 years straight now! :)

Edited by Duluc

• 3 weeks later...

Gone back to v7.... no Firefox integration and no info that XP Sp3 was required for the update, the requirements just stated XP!!!!

When v7 runs dry so does my account. Why no Firefox integration and Append messaging?

Dave

@Pentode

As a quite long ESET user you should know that the web protection works with any browser. In version 8 too and Firefox too.

About the system requirements I can suggest you this topic:

System requirements of the new ESET version 8

There I explained in detail where the "SP3 required" was noted and where not. And to make it short: It was noted somewhere, but not everywhere.

About the "message appending" I don't think that this is really such a serious issue, but for troubleshooting and possible solutions, please stick to your topic:

Can't Append Message to Email

Edited by rugk

@rugk

You did read my other post!

Why can you NOT append any messages on Thunderbird using v8 - it works very well on v7 but not v8?

For the very last time rugk, there is NO Thunderbird on the integration list, have YOU not noticed, I am sure you must have? I am not on about Email scanning or protection in any shape, way or form NOR have I mentioned such - this 'I' understand it does do.

Not  being able to append Nod32 v8 signature with is the problem, it works mighty fine with v7 on but not v8, I am sorry I can not be any clearer!

We are going round in circles here and getting nowhere, can we not do better? My intentions are to stick with v7 on Sp2, this has served me very well over the years and will continue to use until either my license or v7 expires, that was until this v8 update update materialized.

Appending messaging on Emails IS one of MY requirements, if I had known I would certainly never had updated... and 'now becoming doubtful' if I would have renewed my license for v7 beforehand!

Dave

Edited by Pentode

• 3 weeks later...

For the first time today, one of my machines allowed me to update to Version 8.0.304 from within ESET (PCU). The odd thing is, my other machine, a laptop, is still showing Version 7 as the latest version. Had no problems applying the update. Both machines are running Windows 7. Any reason why one install of ESET would see Version 8, and the other Version 7 as the latest version when "check for updates" is clicked. I flushed the update cache and rebooted with no luck on the laptop.

Edit: Three hours later, the laptop install of ESET now sees Version 8!

Edited by knicks_fan