Eset Internet Security issue (Version 15.2.11.0)

I brought Eset Internet Security (EIS) for 1 year and 1 user license, but EIS it shows 3 in license category. What does it mean ? please anyone clear my doubt.

Note: I like EIS because it use very less resource for win 11 64bit laptop, really great product. but I was very disappointed with it malware protection for win 11 64bit , but Kaspersky cloud free scores are better than EIS. sorry to say my opinion. Eset please improve the malware protection for home users also.

Eset Internet Security.jpg

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Beny said:

I brought Eset Internet Security (EIS) for 1 year and 1 user license, but EIS it shows 3 in license category. What does it mean ? please anyone clear my doubt.

Please provide a screenshot for clarification. Where does EIS show 3 licenses?

9 minutes ago, Beny said:

Note: I like EIS because it use very less resource for win 11 64bit laptop, really great product. but I was very disappointed with it malware protection for win 11 64bit

How did you test the malware? ESET has excellent threat detection capabilities no matter whether you use a home or business products. We'd be interested in learning more details about how you came to such conclusion. If there's actually a problem detecting certain malware on your machine, we'll be happy to look into it.

First of all I thank you for your quick reply.

1. I allready provide the screenshot for the previous chat. I need to know what does 3 means (I mark with the red color arrow mark).

2. No, I didn't checked any files, but I go through the web site.

https://www.av-comparatives.org/tests/malware-protection-test-march-2022/

( I think Windows defender (free antivirus) online detection and protection rates are higher than EIS paid version).

Still I didn't check the below link.

https://www.eicar.org/download-anti-malware-testfile/

3.please anyone tell what is the purpose to connect with cloud protection, if EIS download or update all virus defenition to our pc then why we need to connect with cloud protection and what are the benefits we have?.

4. How to totally uninstall EIS from Win 11 64bit pc ?. Because I'm going to use the other internet security (K7 or Avast free antivirus or Norton antivirus plus). I think they are better than EIS (because EIS need internet connection every 1 hour time) and it's notification is annoying when we work in a busy time. All the settings we need to do manually. We need to spend time with EIS.

Sorry EIS, Good luck.

Bye.

Screenshot_20220816-224736_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220816-220226_Firefox Focus.jpg

Screenshot_20220816-220136_Firefox Focus.jpg

Screenshot_20220816-215928_Firefox Focus.jpg

• Administrators

1, The number 3 refers to the number of license related notifications that you can find in the top right-hand corner:

image.png

2, Tests are one thing and real life performance another. Even differences in tests are very small between top AVs given the total number of tested and existing threats. What works well for one may not work for the others and vice-versa, therefore the best practice is to test more AVs before making a decision. System footprint, false positives, support, etc. are other criteria to consider.

3, If you are referring to the ESET HOME account, it's mainly intended for managing your licenses.

4, You can uninstall ESET from the Start menu:

image.png

In case of issues, you can resort to running the ESET Uninstall tool in safe mode.

• Most Valued Members
On 8/16/2022 at 6:50 PM, Beny said:

First of all I thank you for your quick reply.

1. I allready provide the screenshot for the previous chat. I need to know what does 3 means (I mark with the red color arrow mark).

2. No, I didn't checked any files, but I go through the web site.

https://www.av-comparatives.org/tests/malware-protection-test-march-2022/

( I think Windows defender (free antivirus) online detection and protection rates are higher than EIS paid version).

Still I didn't check the below link.

https://www.eicar.org/download-anti-malware-testfile/

3.please anyone tell what is the purpose to connect with cloud protection, if EIS download or update all virus defenition to our pc then why we need to connect with cloud protection and what are the benefits we have?.

4. How to totally uninstall EIS from Win 11 64bit pc ?. Because I'm going to use the other internet security (K7 or Avast free antivirus or Norton antivirus plus). I think they are better than EIS (because EIS need internet connection every 1 hour time) and it's notification is annoying when we work in a busy time. All the settings we need to do manually. We need to spend time with EIS.

Sorry EIS, Good luck.

Bye.

Screenshot_20220816-224736_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220816-220226_Firefox Focus.jpg

Screenshot_20220816-220136_Firefox Focus.jpg

Screenshot_20220816-215928_Firefox Focus.jpg

I don't get it. You mention Kaspersky but in the first image the offline is 78 percent and eset is 96.1 online is 95.4 for Kaspersky and eset is 96.1. the last bit is slightly higher for Kaspersky but not a lot. Also note eset has 0 false positives.

I've always been honest that I think Kaspersky has some great feature that I feel eset is lacking but I think tests should be taken with a pinch of salt as each companies tests will show different results as there are many factors.

Whatever works for you is what you should use.

6 hours ago, peteyt said:

I don't get it. You mention Kaspersky but in the first image the offline is 78 percent and eset is 96.1 online is 95.4 for Kaspersky and eset is 96.1. the last bit is slightly higher for Kaspersky but not a lot. Also note eset has 0 false positives.

I've always been honest that I think Kaspersky has some great feature that I feel eset is lacking but I think tests should be taken with a pinch of salt as each companies tests will show different results as there are many factors.

Whatever works for you is what you should use.

Really I also miss the tool in eset that has in kaspersky the tool reverses the malware and ransoware that the machine was infected, this does not exist in ESET. so far eset has never explained why it doesn't have this tool clearly

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, New_Style_xd said:

Really I also miss the tool in eset that has in kaspersky the tool reverses the malware and ransoware that the machine was infected, this does not exist in ESET. so far eset has never explained why it doesn't have this tool clearly

There is a handful of restrictions, such as the maximum number of files and their size that can be restored. Plus creating and keeping file backup has adverse effect on performance.

24 minutes ago, Marcos said:

There is a handful of restrictions, such as the maximum number of files and their size that can be restored. Plus creating and keeping file backup has adverse effect on performance.

I really agree with you that it has various restrictions and backup and miscellaneous effects.
Now why does Kaspersky have this tool even with all the problems you mentioned and ESET doesn't?

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, Marcos said:

The thing is it might not be perfect and not always work but that also describes an AV in general. If it can help some people then surely it's got some worth 

Edited by peteyt

10 hours ago, peteyt said:

The thing is it might not be perfect and not always work but that also describes an AV in general. If it can help some people then surely it's got some worth 

There are already several reports that this tool has already saved several users.
Depending on the ransoware, there are cases that it can reverse and there are cases that it cannot. plus this functionality is very good that they implemented in their AV.