Ransomware encrypted files

Guys, what's happening with you? I was infected by ransomware twice using ESET - Premium antivirus. 

ESET antivirus was fully updated as windows , fortunately I make sure to save my files on an USB storage, ESET dectected the virus, but it passed the ransomware and I was fully encrypted. Kaspersky removed the Ransomware easily, I though ESET was a good antivirus but in fact is not.

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, Steward said:

Guys, what's happening with you? I was infected by ransomware twice using ESET - Premium antivirus. 

ESET antivirus was fully updated as windows , fortunately I make sure to save my files on an USB storage, ESET dectected the virus, but it passed the ransomware and I was fully encrypted. Kaspersky removed the Ransomware easily, I though ESET was a good antivirus but in fact is not.

4 minutes ago, itman said:

You also made a previous posting about ransomware: https://forum.eset.com/topic/32443-ramsonware-detected/ . Is this current posting related to the previous one?

You also never posted follow up replies to questions asked in the previous posting.

Also in this post they mentioned upgrading removed the ransomware but never updated the post to say about the files. Kaspersky may have deleted the ransomware but deleting only removes the virus so unsure if they now have encrypted files.

I'd like to also add the fact you have been infected twice in the first place is worrying. As I have mentioned on a previous post about something similar, an AV can protect you but can never be 100 percent reliable. For that reason it is always good to have safe practices e.g. avoiding unknown sites, avoiding downloading cracks etc. If you are repeatedly infected, it is a good idea to look at the source and avoid returning