All servers are classified as File Server?

Go to solution Solved by MartinK,

Hello,

Automatically classifying servers based on their role is really useful, not only for the automatic exclusions, but also the little icon in the 'Computers' view is quite helpful. There is however something that bothers me and I couldn't find a solid explanation for. All our servers seem to be classified as 'File Server', although they are not. Are you aware what's behind this classification? For SQL servers or Exchange servers it is really easy - it probably checks whether the application is installed. However how does the product classify a file server? Is it because it has network shares?

Thank you in advance!

• Most Valued Members

It is just the product name from ESET , it is made for Windows Server with the name of File Security

But recently ESET has renamed the product into ESET Server Security

I don't think it's being classified as a file server , it's just the naming of the product I believe.

Hi Nightowl,

Yes, I am aware that the old name of the product is File Security, however I am referring to the File Server classification:

306241260_FileServer.PNG.390f8782567041d8523a30cb0b1bcfbc.PNG

• Most Valued Members
35 minutes ago, Ufoto said:

Hi Nightowl,

Yes, I am aware that the old name of the product is File Security, however I am referring to the File Server classification:

306241260_FileServer.PNG.390f8782567041d8523a30cb0b1bcfbc.PNG

I believe so it's the product name also , but still not updated here in the console , if it was another product like mail security , you would see mail security

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

Hello, we were considering this when renaming products and somehow concluded, that "File server" in this scope is still more suitable - it is not a role of the server itself, but it somehow presumes that former ESET file Security / ESET Server Security is used on such servers. But we will most probably rethink this...