Suspicious email

Guest Sheila

Hi. 

What can I do??? I opened an email as the surname was the same as someone I know but it turned out to be a malicious mail 😞  The sender has stated I need to send bit-coin to avoid having 'pictures' of myself sent to everyone in my contacts!! 

Can anything be done at this stage to stop a promised virus attack if the payment is not made?  I have reported as a 'phishing scam'

• Administrators

Unfortunately we have no clue what email you received and whether you merely entered certain information in the form or ran an attached file.  If you entered some data and submitted the form, an attacker has most likely received it.

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, Guest Sheila said:

Hi. 

What can I do??? I opened an email as the surname was the same as someone I know but it turned out to be a malicious mail 😞  The sender has stated I need to send bit-coin to avoid having 'pictures' of myself sent to everyone in my contacts!! 

Can anything be done at this stage to stop a promised virus attack if the payment is not made?  I have reported as a 'phishing scam'

Most emails that claim to have pictures of you, tend to be false. They use scare tactics to make people think they have compromising stuff, which they don't. In some cases, they will put a password in the email to try and make you think that this is genuine. Sometimes the password is just a guess, but in some cases, they will gain them from published website breaches, to make the email seem genuine