NOD32 unable to import settings or even change any setting

Go to solution Solved by Super_Spartan,

This is the first time I ever face this, I just installed Windowds 11 Pro For workstations but this time rather than installing it in AHCI mode, I set the BIOS to RAID and loaded the Intel Rapid Storage (RAID Driver).

I installed all the drivers, did all the Windows updates, installed all my apps, just like I always do.

The first thing I noticed is, usually when I install NOD32, it takes 3 seconds literally to install and startup. This time after it finished installing, it hung at the last phase of installation for like 2 minutes then it loaded up. I tried to import my previous settings XML but that failed. Then I tried to add an exclusion, it shows me this:

2022-04-05_195517.thumb.png.1a56439301540896fc43400c6a0d8bbb.png

I then uninstalled it and restarted, then went into safe mode and ran the ESET unistaller and then tried to do the installation again, same exact problem. I have no other security app installed and Windows defender is disabled from its roots as I always do including all of its services.

• Administrators

Do you have UAC enabled? Are you presented with an UAC dialog when attempting to perform other operations requiring administrator permissions?

6 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Do you have UAC enabled? Are you presented with an UAC dialog when attempting to perform other operations requiring administrator permissions?

Yes UAC is enabled and I do get the UAC popup window to accept, after I do, I get that error. I sent you the Log via PM

I had a same experience like this when i added some rules in firewall. This problem will not occur if i open ESET GUI as administrator. I don't know, but just asking to you @Marcos, is this relate to this: https://support.eset.com/en/ca8223-local-privilege-escalation-vulnerability-fixed-in-eset-products-for-windows

• Administrators

Please try to export just one specific setting controlled by a switch, e.g. Network drives in the real-time protection setup and check if you can import such xml:

image.png

During the test generate a new log with Procmon and provide me with the new log as well as the full path to the cfg file that you attempted to import.

• Solution

I think I figured out the problem. The only different thing I have done recently is I used a Program called NetOptimizer which supposedly is supposed to optimize my internet. This time, I formatted again and installed Panda Antivirus and the Antivirus wouldn't load. I tried reinstalling it again but same result. I think that bogus program is doing some weird settings in Windows that's messing it up.

• Administrators

I've installed the trial version which allows to optimize only metered connections but didn't notice any issues like you did. Did you purchase a license and activated a full version?

On 4/9/2022 at 12:17 PM, Marcos said:

I've installed the trial version which allows to optimize only metered connections but didn't notice any issues like you did. Did you purchase a license and activated a full version?

Yes offcourse, paid license:

I had it do the full automatic optimization but the erratic system behaviour hjappened on multiple installs for both NOD32 and Panda once I stopped using NetOptimizer I didn't have the issue with NOD32 or Panda not even starting after it installed.

Hello Spartan

Thank you for your order! Below is your order information:

NetOptimizer
License Key: XXXXXXXX
Number of Computers: 3
Download Link: Download NetOptimizer here

Free Book - Digital Photography Made Easy
Download Link: https://www.webminds.com/files/Digital_Photography_Made_Easy.pdf

Extended Download Period
You may return to this site for a period of 2 years and download your purchased software and license key.

You can always access your account to retrieve your license key at any time. To log in, use the following credentials:
Username: spartan
Password: XXXXX
Login Url: https://www.netoptimizer.com/cart/signin

If you require technical support please do not reply to this message (we do not monitor incoming emails to this account).
Instead please visit our Support Page at: http://webminds.com/support

Thank you!
The Webminds Team

Edited by Super_Spartan