2 weeks no ticket support (repeatedly). Took our money and ran?

Furthermore, you claim I have an ESET Mobile, but ever since you added it to my account (a few days ago), I cannot use it to activate my mobile device. You seem to have ignored that.

🙄

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Linux-Is-Best said:

Google says to contact ESET. 🙄

Please provide them with this screenshot of their response as well as a link to this topic to get all details about the issue:

image.png

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Linux-Is-Best said:

Furthermore, you claim I have an ESET Mobile, but ever since you added it to my account (a few days ago), I cannot use it to activate my mobile device. You seem to have ignored that.

🙄

Which license do you currently use?

Now you have 3 license in ESET HOME:
1, The original freemium license with PLID 3AD-KF3-PXR
2, ESET Mobile Security Google Play with PLID 3AJ-X7D-MN9
3, A trial license ESET Mobile Security - customized from Amazon with PLID 3AS-TVE-MF7.

I've successfully activated my EMS (Samsung) using your Google Play license with PLID 3AJ-X7D-MN9 (license key: EGxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxGC) successfully:

screen.png

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

3, A trial license ESET Mobile Security - customized from Amazon with PLID 3AS-TVE-MF7.

OMG! This thread is still raging.

Here's the problem:

the public license ID 3AD-KF3-PXR is precisely what the Google Play store provided me with at the time of purchase.

The Eset license purchased from Google Play is showing up in Eset Home as a trial license. Obviously, it is not a trial license since it has been activated on 5 devices and been in use for 4 months.

I have already posted my opinion of what I think of the Eset Home web site. That said, the issue appears to be a "disconnect" between what is present on the Eset licensing servers and what is being forwarded to the Eset Home web site.

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

Which license do you currently use?

I've successfully activated my EMS (Samsung) using your Google Play license with PLID 3AJ-X7D-MN9 (license key: EGxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxGC) successfully:

screen.png

WTF?? I am trying to use my paid ESET Mobile Security license, which you claim I have. I entered the key for my Mobile Security into an Android tablet and it should active. It should not generate another trial.

Is that how you business model works as a cash grab, where you downgrade my license, and when I try to use the one you claim I have, you generate trails occasionally for each device?

Edited by Linux-Is-Best
Your website dislikes Grammarly

To address the original issue. The technical support issue, before ESET was concerned about my license. You know, the whole original reason why I wanted help, but everyone ignored, and kept focusing on my license... That issue... The one where I was wondering why ESET Internet Security's Anti-Theft kept reporting as not optimized... That issue.

The issue seems to be related to my phone enabling power save mode anytime my battery need charging (low battery). This seems to be what is triggering the notification, but it never told me this. I finally noticed that was the cause.  Charing my phone makes the issue go away and it returns anytime my battery is low. It turns out it was that simple. It would have been helpful if I had been informed this and not left guessing why I was receiving the notice.

I guess the only issue left is why can I no longer activate my tablet?!

Edited by Linux-Is-Best
You should fix your site to work with Grammarly

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

There are 3 licenses associated with your email address:
1, A freemium (not paid) license
2, A license purchased via Google Play
3, A trial license issued by a telco company, Amazon, etc:

image.png

Do I assume correctly that you attempted to use the Google Play license (EGXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXGC) to activate ESET Mobile Security? For me this license worked fine to activate ESET Mobile Security.

There are 3 devices already linked with this license:

img.png

If there's an issue activating EMS on another device with this license key, please open a support ticket using the built-in form and let EMS logs to be submitted to ESET for perusal.

For purchase related queries, please contact Google as both we and Google already recommended before:

image.png

As previously pointed out earlier in this thread, my Android table seems to be now incorrectly associated with a new license titled, Eset Mobile Security - customized. It should NOT have generated a new trial license and instead should have been activated (associated) with my paid license. 

Screenshot_20220423-190613.png

• Administrators

EMS checks for a license registered to the email address used by the Google Play account on the device. If no license is found, a freemium version is activated. If you use a Google Play account associated with a different email address than your ESET registration email address, you can enter the license key yourself in the main menu -> License to activate a paid version of the product.

12 hours ago, Marcos said:

EMS checks for a license registered to the email address used by the Google Play account on the device. If no license is found, a freemium version is activated. If you use a Google Play account associated with a different email address than your ESET registration email address, you can enter the license key yourself in the main menu -> License to activate a paid version of the product.

That is precisely what I am doing, and I get the error shown in my screenshot. I have obviously used the correct e-mail, else, it would not display in my account, and I have used my key and received this error.

Screenshot_20220329-201853.thumb.png.a916bd6c01be444dba599e3b50c75d6e.png.421f6f4942c87033ead584889b6bef22.png

Edited by Linux-Is-Best
Your website needs to be fixed to work with Grammarly

My tablet "magically" activated on its own. It had repeatedly provided the error "License cannot be used for this product." Even though the product was Eset Mobile Security (which you continue to insist I have). When connecting my device to my account (using my same e-mail for everything), it kept wrongfully associating to a trail. I kept being informed that this trial would expire in 2 days, even though I own a license. Now, for reasons unknown, it randomly decided to activate. lol

I, myself, made no changes nor did anything differently. I do not understand why it kept associating with a trail, and I do not know what caused it to finally activate. But it is activated now, and I guess that is what matters.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem as Linux is best and they show I have license to 2040 while I paid for one year 9.99$ , how that works interesting.I only paid 9 dollars and I see 16 for paying

Screenshot_20220513-103457.png

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Boris88 said:

I have the same problem as Linux is best and they show I have license to 2040 while I paid for one year 9.99$ , how that works interesting.I only paid 9 dollars and I see 16 for paying

Screenshot_20220513-103457.png

The only license registered with your forum email address if for ESET Mobile Security freemium version. The license is activated automatically after installing ESET Mobile Security if you don't activate the premium version. Google charges you only if you buy the premium version from Google Play store. Should there be any issues with payment, please contact Google support like you do when purchasing any other applications from the Google Play store.

Just now, Marcos said:

The only license registered with your forum email address if for ESET Mobile Security freemium version. The license is activated automatically after installing ESET Mobile Security if you don't activate the premium version. Google charges you only if you buy the premium version from Google Play store.

But charges me higher than what I paid, and is not active either

• Administrators
Just now, Boris88 said:

But charges me higher than what I paid, and is not active either

If you have purchased a license from the Google Play store, please contact Google support in case of any issues with the payment.