Jump to content

2 weeks no ticket support (repeatedly). Took our money and ran?


Recommended Posts

It is my opinion, Eset took my money and ran. As noted in my screenshot, I purchased my subscription using the Google Play Store, but I assumed I would get the same level of support. It would seem I was wrong. My devices kept locking up, claiming I had the wrong sim. My account shows I have a license for five (5) devices; it is strangely marked as a paid free license (WTF?!). I could never add my devices to that license. Eset forever reported that my device had anti-theft enabled but not optimal and would never explain what that meant or how to fix it. For two (2) weeks, 1/2 a month, no one has answered my tickets, and they seem to close after 14 days (see screenshots).

Project1 (20220327121927).png

 

Screenshot_20220327-122148.png

Screenshot_20220327-121238.png

Edited by Linux-Is-Best
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

The ticket was answered on March 20. Since no reply was provided within the next 7 days, it was closed automatically on March 27. On that day you replied that you have switched to another AV:

image.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Marcos said:

The ticket was answered on March 20. Since no reply was provided within the next 7 days, it was closed automatically on March 27. On that day you replied that you have switched to another AV:

image.png

I received no such e-mail, and when viewing my account, I see no follow-up.  I am glad YOU see a response, but I see nothing. And my reply about switching I sent today, after basically being ignored and giving up.

Can you please address the rest of my post? Why does my paid license display as paid free license?! Why could I never add any device to it? Why does anti-theft keep notifying me that it is enabled but not optimum, and how do you fix that?! Where can I find the reply to tickets?! Becauss, again, I am not seeing any reply anywhere to anything!

Edited by Linux-Is-Best
your site does not like Grammarly
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

It appears that the reply by ESET LLC was not sent out for some reason on March 20, we are investigating the cause.

As to your question above, the license you've had in the License manager was the freemium license which you didn't pay for. We are aware that the "Purchased" label may be confusing in this case; this will be addressed in a new ESET HOME portal later this year. I've added your purchased license as well:
image.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

According to the records, you have only one ESET Mobile Security for 5 devices purchased with your forum email address:

image.png

The license for ESET Endpoint Antivirus and ESET Server Security already expired in 2021 and has not been renewed.

If you have purchased another license using a different email address, please drop me a personal message with the email address or public license ID or license key enclosed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Marcos said:

According to the records, you have only one ESET Mobile Security for 5 devices purchased:

image.png

The license for ESET Endpoint Antivirus and ESET Server Security already expired in 2021 and has not been renewed.

Something is wrong with your records. I purchased the multi-device product to secure all five (5) devices I own. I do NOT own 5 cellular devices and would not need such a product.

2 cell phones

2 computers

1 tablet

That is all you should ever see on my account.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

I have asked a colleague from ESET LLC to check your bill to find out how much you paid and for what product. A single license for ESET Mobile Security from Google Play entitles the user to use the license on 5 mobile phones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I have asked a colleague from ESET LLC to check your bill to find out how much you paid and for what product. A single license for ESET Mobile Security from Google Play entitles the user to use the license on 5 mobile phones.

That is NOT what I purchased.

I purchased my multi-device using Google and always logged in and activated my devices the same way I log into my ESET account, Google. Download ESET off the Google Play Store, and within their own app, they talk about how you can purchase the program for all your devices (they currently list Android, Windows, and Apple), and if you click on that button to buy, payment is processed through Google.

ESET published my License ID, which is all I have when purchasing ESET.  And they have incorrectly converted my license now to mobile security. —that would be a costly mobile plan, don't you think?! Lol 😆

So far, they have broken my license, and their details seem to be mixed up. For example, they claim I once owned "endpoint security," which is a very pricey (costly) product for businesses. My needs have never been so grand. Looking over their website, I don't even see an option to buy that online.

They seem to be missing the record for my old Linux license, which I owned and let expire when I consolidated to their multi-device product. Oddly, that only read as a paid free on my account. They have now converted my "paid free" license to a mobile device license of 5. I don't own 5 mobile devices, which nullifies the whole point of a consolidation. I would not have bought it if I could not use it.

Lastly, I still have my technical support questions unanswered. For example, why does anti-theft keep reporting it is not optimized and gives no clue about what it means and how to fix it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
16 minutes ago, Linux-Is-Best said:

That is NOT what I purchased.

I purchased my multi-device using Google and always logged in and activated my devices the same way I log into my ESET account, Google. Download ESET off the Google Play Store, and within their own app, they talk about how you can purchase the program for all your devices (they currently list Android, Windows, and Apple), and if you click on that button to buy, payment is processed through Google.

Google sells only licenses for ESET Mobile Security for Android.

 

16 minutes ago, Linux-Is-Best said:

ESET published my License ID, which is all I have when purchasing ESET. 

We didn't publish your license keys, only public license IDs which are used publicly for license identification.

16 minutes ago, Linux-Is-Best said:

And they have incorrectly converted my license now to mobile security. —that would be a costly mobile plan, don't you think?!

We didn't convert your license. It was purchased for 1 device, however, Google entitles you to use it on 5 mobile phones. The license price is very low compared to Windows products where a license for ESET NOD32 Antivirus starts at 39,90$..

16 minutes ago, Linux-Is-Best said:

So far, they have broken my license, and their details seem to be mixed up. For example, they claim I once owned "endpoint security," which is a very pricey (costly) product for businesses. My needs have never been so grand. Looking over their website, I don't even see an option to buy that online.

Your license was not broken. The one for ESET Endpoint Antivirus was for 5 devices, it was purchased in May 2020 and was valid for 1 year.

16 minutes ago, Linux-Is-Best said:

They seem to be missing the record for my old Linux license

Please provide the license public ID in the form of XXX-XXX-XXX or drop me a personal message with the license key. Currently we don't have any products for Linux for home users nor sell any such license.

16 minutes ago, Linux-Is-Best said:

Lastly, I still have my technical support questions unanswered. For example, why does anti-theft keep reporting it is not optimized and gives no clue about what it means and how to fix it?

I've asked developers to check the status of Anti-Theft related to your license, however, the last data from your devices reported Anti-Theft as inactive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I repeat, I never purchased endpoint security. Ever.

ESET does allow you to purchase more than your mobile app via Google. It is even built into your app to do so (see screenshot). Respectfully, what you are claiming is not so; as shown, I can order it right now for $69.99

So now that you have lost my Linux license, you want me to provide the details?! It was expired; I had no intentions of renewing it, which is why I bought the multi-device package. The point was to consolidate it. My ID is the one you recently converted to a mobile package, which is not what I want or purchased. Again, see the screenshot; please do not tell me you do not process payments through Google.

img.png

Edited by Marcos
Email address blured
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think what's gone wrong here is that ESET stopped supporting Linux for home users. They migrated people with Linux licenses to Endpoint without charging anymore. So i suspect that is why it shows as you having an Endpoint license and not a Linux license. 

Since Linux for home use is no longer supported. Your efforts to consolidate won't work as Linux is no longer part of the multi device pack. As you can see in your screenshot only Windows Mac and Android are supported. 

You may be better of requesting a refund and getting the correct licences for what you need. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Linux-Is-Best said:

I purchased my multi-device using Google and always logged in and activated my devices the same way I log into my ESET account, Google. Download ESET off the Google Play Store, and within their own app, they talk about how you can purchase the program for all your devices (they currently list Android, Windows, and Apple), and if you click on that button to buy, payment is processed through Google.

Post a link to where you bought this from.

I was just on Google Play web site and the only thing offered Eset-wise is for mobile devices. They do offer something called Eset Endpoint but that is only for smart phone and tablet business users.

Edited by itman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
1 hour ago, TheStill said:

I think what's gone wrong here is that ESET stopped supporting Linux for home users. They migrated people with Linux licenses to Endpoint without charging anymore. So i suspect that is why it shows as you having an Endpoint license and not a Linux license. 

Since Linux for home use is no longer supported. Your efforts to consolidate won't work as Linux is no longer part of the multi device pack. As you can see in your screenshot only Windows Mac and Android are supported.

Correct, I've realized that today when checking the license history. The license was converted from ESET NOD32 Antivirus to ESET Endpoint Antivirus due to the legacy product for home users being discontinued last year. However, this license expired on May 9, 2021.

Orders from Google Play are completely in the hands of Google. We see the following orders you've made which were obviously for ESET Mobile Security for Android:

image.png

 

Quote

Thanks itman, I'll blur the email address due to privacy reasons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TheStill said:

I think what's gone wrong here is that ESET stopped supporting Linux for home users. They migrated people with Linux licenses to Endpoint without charging anymore. So i suspect that is why it shows as you having an Endpoint license and not a Linux license. 

Since Linux for home use is no longer supported. Your efforts to consolidate won't work as Linux is no longer part of the multi device pack. As you can see in your screenshot only Windows Mac and Android are supported. 

You may be better of requesting a refund and getting the correct licences for what you need. 

At the time of my purchase, ESET offered a multi-device package. I paid for that package with the understanding that my subscription would be good through the term of the license, and that license has not yet expired (not even close). It is due to expire on December 2, 2022, and today is only March 29, 2022. ESET may have discontinued future purchases of the product with the intention to no longer offer it in the future, but I expect them to honor the agreed-upon subscription license, which is still current. To not do so is theft.

I keep being informed that I owned an endpoint license, but have never purchased one, and do not see one listed on my account. Not even an expired copy. However, this is beside the point, and the point is I bought a multi-device license for 5 devices (not 5 mobile licenses).

 

Screenshot_20220328-100003.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, itman said:

Post a link to where you bought this from.

I was just on Google Play web site and the only thing offered Eset-wise is for mobile devices. They do offer something called Eset Endpoint but that is only for smart phone and tablet business users.

ESET has redesigned their website and as noted, no longer are selling the five (5) device product which I purchased a few months ago. The screenshot, however, was taken within the app itself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

Correct, I've realized that today when checking the license history. The license was converted from ESET NOD32 Antivirus to ESET Endpoint Antivirus due to the legacy product for home users being discontinued last year. However, this license expired on May 9, 2021.

Orders from Google Play are completely in the hands of Google. We see the following orders you've made which were obviously for ESET Mobile Security for Android:

image.png

 

Thanks itman, I'll blur the email address due to privacy reasons.

Your details have been repeatedly wrong, for example, you earlier argued Google only sells the mobile security license, and I showed you within your own app a promoted for ESET Premium Internet Security.

 And after the last comment from ESET staff, I feel as if like someone would like to swept this under the rug, as now it feels like I have to defend myself (going so far as to post screenshots, just to prove you can buy something, for example).

Ultimately, I do not see why this needs to escalate further. All I wanted was some basic technical support, and I made what I thought was a harmless inquiry on why my devices were not listed under my license in my account and why my license was labeled as a "paid free" license.

I want to clarify and restate from earlier; once I signed into my ESET account within my app (both on Android, Amazon Fire Tablet, and OpenSUSE Linux), everything was activated. I have been receiving the premium app services I paid for, and rightfully so. The only thing I thought was lacking was the lack of support; the 1x, I needed help because my app was no longer functioning properly. My app was locking me out of my device, and when I did have access, I kept receiving endless notices about my device not being optimized but not specifying how that was so or providing any clues to fix it. As far as I was concerned, the whole license thing seemed trivial since that part was working (activation with provided services). I only brought it up because I was worried that it played some role in the anti-theft feature issue I was now experiencing (even though it was working in the anti-theft web portal). And now, because I brought up that 1 point, I seem to have a license issue. WTF?!

I should not feel backed into a corner or, in this case, possibly robbed for wanting support. I assumed basic essential support was included with the product. —It's not like I have been hitting them up with rookie questions, such as, for example, asking where a program setting was located (things someone could learn on their own). My inquiry had to do with the actual functioning usability of why I was encountering a critical system warning notice and repeated lockout. And for this, I feel like I am being asked to defend myself. 🙁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Linux-Is-Best said:

ESET has redesigned their website and as noted, no longer are selling the five (5) device product which I purchased a few months ago. The screenshot, however, was taken within the app itself.

Eset hasn't offered a "mutil-device" license in the U.S. for a number of years. However, the issue here may be terminology.

Note the below screen shot from the Eset U.S. eStore web site:

Eset_IS.thumb.png.5a7eeb1ac6f8c5a59c7ea176941fa34d.png

Eset now markets their home security products as compatible on "Windows, MacOS, or Android" devices. If you purchased an Internet Security license for 5 devices for example, it could be installed on any device running the above OS versions.

This web site explains Eset U.S. various licensing options: https://www.eset.com/us/home/licensing/ . The problem is the site is just stating for each Eset security product, what installation options are available when you purchase that product.

Edited by itman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, itman said:

Eset hasn't offered a "mutil-device" license in the U.S. for a number of years. However, the issue here may be terminology.

Note the below screen shot from the Eset U.S. eStore web site:

Eset_IS.thumb.png.5a7eeb1ac6f8c5a59c7ea176941fa34d.png

Eset now markets their home security products as compatible on "Windows, MacOS, or Android" devices. If you purchased an Internet Security license for 5 devices for example, it could be installed on any device running the above OS versions.

This web site explains Eset U.S. various licensing options: https://www.eset.com/us/home/licensing/ . The problem is the site is just stating for each Eset security product what installation options are available when you purchase that product.

I feel you are arguing semantics, and it feels like an attempt to bait and switch. The website design and products offered, including pricing, are a lot different today than it was sometimes last year (a few months ago). Displaying today's website and the terminology used does not dismiss the past.

Nor does it dismiss that at this very moment, I have a copy of ESET running on my Linux computer (thank, God) with the current up to date database. My product is currently functioning and activated. I have no problem with my Linux device. ESET may no longer sell both the Linux product or the multi license copy of ESET Internet Security, but I did buy it (ESET Internet Security for 5 devices) the license is still current, and I am using it (as previously stated).

My issue was with my mobile device (cellular phone). That was the whole reason for my support inquire.

Edited by Linux-Is-Best
your website does not like Grammarly
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Linux-Is-Best said:

I feel you are arguing semantics and it feels like an attempt to bait and switch.

In that regard, there are issues with Eset U.S. marketing practices. Case in point.

Eset U.S. usually runs licensing purchase specials during the Thanksgiving and Xmas holidays. The pricing is very attractive. The problem is this special pricing only applies to the purchase of new Eset licenses; not for the renewal of existing Eset licenses. The bottom line here is Eset license renewal prices are higher; sometimes much higher.

It is possible that somehow you got "caught up" in the above when you purchased your existing license.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, itman said:

In that regard, there are issues with Eset U.S. marketing practices. Case in point.

Eset U.S. usually runs licensing purchase specials during the Thanksgiving and Xmas holidays. The pricing is very attractive. The problem is this special pricing only applies to the purchase of new Eset licenses; not for the renewal of existing Eset licenses. The bottom line here is Eset license renewal prices are higher; sometimes much higher.

It is possible that somehow you got "caught up" in the above when you purchased your existing license.

As I believe I was clear, I had not renewed my old license. Something both ESET and I seems to agree on (my old license expired). I did, in fact, buy a new license to consolidate, as previously stated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, foneil said:

As helpful as I would like this to be, it was not. There are no details. If I click on the notice, it redirects me to the ESET HOME portal, where I see the same notice again. It's an endless loop of "something is not optimized," followed by me dismissing the notice and another notice of "something is not optimized." Finally, if I click the notification, it directs me to my account.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...