2 weeks no ticket support (repeatedly). Took our money and ran?

As for the license issue, I did indeed buy a copy of ESET Internet Security through Google. Since ESET changed my license (please change it back) to a mobile license, I can upgrade it to full Internet Security. Google would even prorates the difference.

Screenshot_20220329-174306.png

And this was my original purchase of ESET Internet Security. Please fix this license issue, since it is, your issue. OR please give me a full refund. I will be happy with either or.

img.png

Edited by Marcos
Email address blured

• Administrators

Finally we are moving forward; the above screenshot of the invoice by Google should help us find out what exactly happened. We will contact Google on this matter since any Google Play purchases are processed by Google and not by ESET. Will keep you posted.

37 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Finally we are moving forward; the above screenshot of the invoice by Google should help us find out what exactly happened. We will contact Google on this matter since any Google Play purchases are processed by Google and not by ESET. Will keep you posted.

Google may process the payment the same way your bank processes yours, but ESET is responsible for the sale, product, service, support, and licensing. I purchased an ESET Internet Security for five (5) devices and expected that. Therefore, I do not believe my expectation is unfounded or unreasonable.

Currently, I still have the "paid free" license that has been there since my purchase, and I now have a Mobile Security 5 license (which you added) that I did not purchase, did not want, and do not need. I do not have five (5) mobile devices. Even if I were to "gift" some of it to family, I think the most I could use would be 4 (max).

At the moment, my Linux device is protected and activated. And while you may no longer be developing or selling products for Linux, I consolidated to the multi-package because, at the time of my purchase, there were still references to it on your website and app. Indeed, I have (and am) using it right now on my computer. The virus databases are still updated. I assume once this current license expires, that will be that (game over). But until such time, I paid for it, and I intend to use it as advertised.

• 2 mobile phones
  • 2 linux computers
  • 1 tablet
  • =5 devices in total.

But I digress.  Google may process the payment the same way your bank processes yours, but ESET is responsible for the sale, product, service, support, and licensing. Unless Google buys ESET (lord knows they seem to want to run everything - LOL).

Edited by Linux-Is-Best
your website disikes Grammarly

49 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I suspect the "culprit" here is again Eset N.A. They posted the Eset IS purchase promotion on Google Play which is not the norm. They assumed Goggle would properly handle the purchase interface to Eset U.S. eStore which obviously they didn't.

1 hour ago, Linux-Is-Best said:

As for the license issue, I did indeed buy a copy of ESET Internet Security through Google. Since ESET changed my license (please change it back) to a mobile license, I can upgrade it to full Internet Security. Google would even prorates the difference.

Screenshot_20220329-174306.png

3 minutes ago, itman said:

I suspect the "culprit" here is again Eset N.A. They posted the Eset IS purchase promotion on Google Play which is not the norm. They assumed Goggle would properly handle the purchase interface to Eset U.S. eStore which obviously they didn't.

It is still possible to purchase it (ESET Internet Security) even today (Tuesday, March 29, 2022), as noticed in my previous post.

Edited by Linux-Is-Best

3 minutes ago, Linux-Is-Best said:

It is still possible to purchase it (ESET Internet Security) even today (Tuesday, March 29, 2022), as noticed in my previous post.

Not exactly. It appears this is an upgrade request from Eset Mobile to Eset IS. Since Google now knows you are an Eset existing customer, they will probably correctly route the Eset IS purchase details to Eset N.A. eStore. But who knows, they might screw things up again.

You eliminate problems like this by purchasing directly from the Eset U.S. eStore web site.

3 minutes ago, itman said:

You eliminate problems like this by purchasing directly from the Eset U.S. eStore web site.

I think ESET is taking that stance as well. If memory serves me right, their website once supported Amazon Pay and Google Pay, but now it only offers payment by credit/debit card on their website. Surprisingly, you can also purchase ESET through the Amazon App Store (I just checked).

I will make future purchases directly depending on how or if this is resolved.

• Administrators

I've asked the product manager for ESET mobile products to look into the case himself and he confirmed that the only order we see for the given order number from Google is for ESET Mobile Security with the price about $15 in total. Please contact Google directly since we have not received any transaction nor money for an EIS license from them with regard to that order.

We apologize for the inconvenience on behalf of Google.

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

I've asked the product manager for ESET mobile products to look into the case himself and he confirmed that the only order we see for the given order number from Google is for ESET Mobile Security with the price about $15 in total. Please contact Google directly since we have not received any transaction nor money for an EIS license from them with regard to that order.

We apologize for the inconvenience on behalf of Google.

Google does not keep the money; you do (ESET). From the start, it seemed like ESET wanted to dismiss this under the rug. A few posts back, you, yourself, said ESET does not process paying for ESET Internet Security through Google, and I proved that to be wrong. I came looking only for some basic technical support, that's all. And for my troubles, now you want to take away my license?! Please give it back or give me a full refund.

Google only processes the payment on ESET's behalf. It is ESET who is responsible for licensing. If I go to Google it will be to flag ESET for fraud.

• Administrators

From Google we received the money for ESET Mobile Security, not for ESET Internet Security. It is necessary to contact Google for a refund, we will do so too.

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, Linux-Is-Best said:

From the start, it seemed like ESET wanted to dismiss this under the rug.

Actually it was the contrary, we were doing the best to help you resolve the issue from the very beginning and spent quite a lot of time with investigation of the case in order to get it sorted.

A few posts back, you, yourself, said ESET does not process paying for ESET Internet Security through Google, and I proved that to be wrong.

I claimed that because I was unaware that things changed recently and that Google can now sell also EIS licenses. Before this was not true and it was possible to purchase only EMS licenses through Google Play. That's also why we recommend contacting sales for up to date information about pricing and licensing as the staff dealing with malware, research and technical issues may not answer such questions accurately.

I came looking only for some basic technical support, that's all. And for my troubles, now you want to take away my license?! Please give it back or give me a full refund.

Google only processes the payment on ESET's behalf. It is ESET who is responsible for licensing. If I go to Google it will be to flag ESET for fraud.

We have received only money for EMS (about $15) from Google for your license. We cannot refund you more than what we were paid by Google for the license. It is necessary to contact Google to find out what went wrong with your license. We have already contacted them and asked to look into the case as something seems to have gone haywire on their end.

I came here to address a technical support issue. I did not expect my license removed and given a lessor license in exchange.  My paid license is still marked as "paid free." And you (yourself) have applied an additional lessor mobile license to my account that I did not purchase or need.

If you can not give me a refund, you can honor my license, and if you do not honor my license, you can give me a refund. Anything less is the very definition of fraud.

Google only processes the payment on your behalf. ESET collects the funds and processes the licenses, services, and products. I would ask that you make good.

Edited by Linux-Is-Best
your website dislikes Grammarly

2 hours ago, Linux-Is-Best said:

Google does not keep the money; you do (ESET).

Google might not keep the money but it does process the payment which assumes a money transfer to Eset for the sale.

Since you paid by credit card, I would try to charge-back the Google Play Eset IS payment with MasterCard. At a minimum, this would force Google to provide documentation to MasterCard that they forwarded both transaction details and payment to Eset. The problem here is 4 months have elapsed since the purchase date. This might be too long a time to initiate a charge dispute. 

Edited by itman

I have been takin this to social media and sharing this on Reddit (Facebook too). 

This is a continuation of my first thread since this escalated way out of control and unexpectedly. https://www.reddit.com/r/eset/comments/tpo3v2/2_weeks_no_ticket_support_repeatedly_took_our/

To recap, I only wanted some essential technical support. I was experiencing an issue with the anti-theft feature on one of my cellular phones. The problem was the device kept locking and reporting that my device was not optimized. The notice provided me with no details or clue on how to resolve the issue. It should have been a simple technical support issue.

I purchased my copy of ESET Internet Security on December 5, 2021, and today is March 30, 2022. So my year-long license has been active for almost four (4) months. This was my first (1st) and only time seeking support, and like any customer, I opened a ticket explaining the details and waited for a reply. Again, this should have been a simple, straightforward technical support issue, and support is supposedly included with my subscription.

ESET never replied. The only e-mail I received was thanking me for my ticket and the follow-up weeks later informing me that due to inactivity, my ticket would soon close. I submitted several more tickets with the same result. Meanwhile, I was growing increasingly frustrated that no one was addressing me, and in my final ticket, I did indicate that I may soon switch to Bitdefender. Bitdefender had the habit of slowing my cellular phone (Nokia 5.3), and occasionally my System UI would become non-responsive. ESET was a good product, and other than the one technical issue I kept experiencing sometimes, it more or less worked, so I again reached out to technical support with the same result (no answers).

At this time, I posted here on Reddit and ESET official support forums and politely called out ESET for not responding to ticket support. The moderator here on /r/eset and /r/antivirus is also a moderator on forum.eset.com. I only include that detail for disclosure, and it is essential to note the moderator is not responsible for the software development, sale, or licensing of ESET. But it is worth disclosing (in my opinion). The primary individual I spoke with is an ESET employee and forum administrator, Marcos.

From the beginning, Marcos seemed less concerned about addressing my technical inquiry and seemed more focused on attacking both me and my experiences. Marcos argued that my tickets were being answered but could not answer where I, as a customer, could view their ticket support online, repeatedly ignoring the question. And I did ask that question multiple times. At best, I received a screenshot of what was claimed on their end as an answered ticket, but never a portal or page I could view myself. It was already established I was receiving e-mails from ESET since I did receive the thanks notice and close notice.

Not wanting to get hung up on the semantics of how tickets were processed, I tried to focus on my technical support issue since I now had the attention of an ESET staff member. My technical questions were repeatedly ignored over and over. Instead, Marcos wanted to focus on my license.

I had reported (myself) that my license had recently started to report as a "paid free" license. This was a recent development, and I thought it might have to do with my issue with anti-theft. I presumed this since the service is associated with my license, that could be a contributing issue, and perhaps that is why I kept being informed my service was not optimized. But more so, while the notice did not provide any details, it did direct me to home.eset.com (or the ESET Home app) when clicking on the message. Through the ESET Home app, I would note the same notice I was setting on my phone also showed up at anti-theft.eset.com but also did not provide detail with the cause or how to resolve it.

At this time, Marcos pointed out that the "paid free" was a technical issue on their end and only the free evolution license. This was not true; the public license ID 3AD-KF3-PXR is precisely what the Google Play store provided me with at the time of purchase. It was the license I had been using for the past four (4) months and what I used to activate two (2) cellular phones, one (1) tablet, and two (2) OpenSUSE Linux desktop computers. I had purchased a promotion multi-license package for five (5) devices for $59.99 (American Dollars).

I politely tried to explain this fact and felt as though I was openly attacked. Marcos not only said I was mistaken but tried to argue you cannot even purchase ESET Internet Security through the Google Play store. At which time he or someone within ESET added an ESET Mobile Security to my account with public license ID 3AJ-X7D-MN9. My paid license remained (3AD-KF3-PXR) but was still labeled as a "paid free."

During my ongoing discussion concerning what licenses I owned, I was informed that an ESET Endpoint Security license had recently expired. Nowhere on my account did I, or so I, see an EndPoint Security license, as I have never purchased such a license. An Endpoint Security license costs hundreds of dollars and is for business and enterprise needs. It is nothing I, a home consumer, would ever want or need.

During my account history, I have only purchased ESET Linux, ESET Mobile, ESET Multi-Device, and ESET Internet Security. The history ESET was offering me was vastly different.

Fearing this would become a more significant issue, I tried to focus on the technical aspect of my inquiry. Because while everything may have been screwed up on their end, my products were working and activated. Even as I type this, ESET is running on two OpenSUSE desktop computers. Although the anti-theft feature was annoying me on my cell phone (Nokia 5.3), I figured if I could not resolve the issue, I could disable anti-theft and enjoy the rest of the products and services. So I press ahead with my technical support inquiry.

Like my ticket concerning the technical aspect, no matter how much I wanted a resolution, my inquiry was ignored; only now, ESET staff kept circling back to my license issue. And I really would have dropped it if it were not because re-installing the app on my Android tablet was no longer activating. It is important to note, even if I had not purchased ESET Internet Security (which I had), ESET Mobile Security does cover Android devices (tablets too). And as noted, it was activated easier (it is why I bought the five device package). Strangely, a new license has been added to my account, "ESET Mobile Security - customized" (3AS-TVE-MF7).

Despite having three (3) activated products running at the moment (2 computers, 1 phone), my account is showing only 1 device (the cell phone).

During my discussion with ESET, I have proved that, yes, you can indeed purchase ESET Internet Security via the Google Play store. You can even upgrade ESET Mobile Security to ESET Internet Security, and Google will prorate the difference. I have proved that I purchased ESET Internet Security, but ESET claims Google never paid them, so it does not count. That seems unlike; I doubt Google is holding out on them, and even if they were, how would that be my fault!?   -- It really is a wild claim; you have to see it https://forum.eset.com/topic/31847-2-weeks-no-ticket-support-repeatedly-took-our-money-and-ran/page/2/#comment-148756. -- I took screenshot should they take down the post.

Back to the support issues, the heart of the matter which started all this. I fixed it by resetting my device (complete device reset) and re-installing ESET. I had recently upgraded the firmware through a manufacturing system update (Nokia 5.3 January 2021 system update), and I believe that is what caused the issue. Previously removing and reading the app did not fix the problem.

That said, ESET has offered to refund $15, the price of an ESET Mobile Security license, and not the $59.99 that I paid for ESET Internet Security. I would prefer they honor the license I paid for, as I was not looking for a refund. But it is clear ESET is experiencing technical issues on its end. And unfortunately, rather than accept responsibility, they are passing the buck, which in this instance amounts to fraud. -- Buyer beware!

There are details of this transaction incident that "don't add up."

Being a previous Eset user, you are aware of the procedure involved when purchasing an Eset license when done directly from an authorized Eset seller. The most important of these being a confirmation e-mail containing the details of the product purchased and its license key. Did you received such an e-mail? If not, this is the first indication that something was not right with the transaction.

Also, did you verify that your MasterCard transaction history actually shows a charge from Google Play for $59.99?

I will no longer be entertaining the false belief that I need to defend myself. All I came here for was to seek basic technical support as a paying customer (which I am). The burden of proof now falls on ESET, as I have submitted more than enough to establish myself. In this thread, I proved I know more about what ESET sells than their own staff. How can they not know they sell ESET Internet Security through Google? How could they (ESET) not know you can buy it through their own app?

At this very moment, I have three (3) devices running ESET Interner Security (same e-mail and account), but ESET reports I only have one (1). I have been trying to get some basic support at every turn, and instead, I have been attacked. The issue is on ESET's site, and this alone should prove it. They cannot even keep track of devices, let alone their licenses. I now have an "ESET Mobile Security - customized" license (WFT?). Unfortunately, I did not purchase a customized license, and nothing should be running on a "trial."

eset-many.png

Edited by Linux-Is-Best

2 minutes ago, Linux-Is-Best said:

At this very moment, I have three (3) devices running ESET Interner Security (same e-mail and account), but ESET reports I only have one (1).

Make that 4 now (2 desktops, 1 tablet, and 1 phone). ESET still reports I am using only 1 device.

eset-many.png

On final comment here and I am done with this thread. This issue has been "blown out of proportion." Here's why.

The only thing needed to activate an Eset product is a license key - period. An Eset Home account is only required if you desire to manage your Eset product licenses remotely. The first thing I do when I purchase a new Eset product license from the Eset eStore is permanently delete any Eset Home account that may have been set up. Why? Because there have been past security issues with the Eset Home web site. You can search the forum for postings on that issue.

Since you purchased Internet Security, you must have received an Eset license key for it. That license key can be used to activate Internet Security installations for the number of device seats you purchased.

-EDIT- Since your Reddit posting is quite long, I will post the relevant part:

This was not true; the public license ID 3AD-KF3-PXR is precisely what the Google Play store provided me with at the time of purchase. It was the license I had been using for the past four (4) months and what I used to activate two (2) cellular phones, one (1) tablet, and two (2) OpenSUSE Linux desktop computers. I had purchased a promotion multi-license package for five (5) devices for $59.99 (American Dollars).

So I guess this resolves the issue since you do have a paid Eset IS license for 5 devices. As far as Eset Home license statuses go, I have already posted what my opinion of that web site.

Edited by itman

13 hours ago, itman said:

On final comment here and I am done with this thread. This issue has been "blown out of proportion." Here's why.

The only thing needed to activate an Eset product is a license key - period. An Eset Home account is only required if you desire to manage your Eset product licenses remotely. The first thing I do when I purchase a new Eset product license from the Eset eStore is permanently delete any Eset Home account that may have been set up. Why? Because there have been past security issues with the Eset Home web site. You can search the forum for postings on that issue.

Since you purchased Internet Security, you must have received an Eset license key for it. That license key can be used to activate Internet Security installations for the number of device seats you purchased.

-EDIT- Since your Reddit posting is quite long, I will post the relevant part:

So I guess this resolves the issue since you do have a paid Eset IS license for 5 devices. As far as Eset Home license statuses go, I have already posted what my opinion of that web site.

Since a ESET Mobile was added to my home account, ironically, I can no longer get my Android tablet to activate. 😂

ESET and I disagree on what license I have. I, know, I purchased ESET Internet Security and as you pointed out, so long as that key works (which it has), whatever is listed at ESET Home doesn't matter. I am getting my money's worth.  Now, ironically, I am trying to active a mobile device and keep in mind, @Marcos(ESET employee) has been trying to argue I own a ESET Mobile license. And here I am trying to use that so-called license on a mobile device (Android tablet), and it **now** tells me I cannot use the license on this device. 🤯

I do not know if I should be angry, laugh, or cry. 🙄

Screenshot_20220329-201853.thumb.png.a916bd6c01be444dba599e3b50c75d6e.png

Edited by Linux-Is-Best
Android tablet screenshot

• Most Valued Members

Just adding my own thoughts. Do you have any screenshots of proof of what you have paid. You showed a screenshot for 60 dollars, that for how much everything should cost, but all the screenshots for what you have paid are far less 

On 4/2/2022 at 5:21 PM, peteyt said:

Just adding my own thoughts. Do you have any screenshots of proof of what you have paid. You showed a screenshot for 60 dollars, that for how much everything should cost, but all the screenshots for what you have paid are far less 

None of my screenshots show I have paid far less. Even when checking with my credit card, I can confirm I paid around $60. The issue here is I bought ESET Internet Security, Google says I paid for ESET Internet Security, my bank (credit) statements reflect I bought ESET Internet Security. Only ESET seems to claim otherwise and they seem to do so, because their records seem to be wrong.

They (ESET) can not even keep track of which devices I am using, how many devices, and even when trying to use the ESET Mobile they claim I have, it will not activate on a mobile device (my ESET Internet Security, did though prior).

Edited by Linux-Is-Best
fix your Grammarly problem... your site doesn't like it

• Administrators

I will repeat - please contact Google as already suggested by both us and a Google representative to get it sorted.

Google provides us with the following info re. your license and it's what we have charged them for:

image.png

7 hours ago, Marcos said:

I will repeat - please contact Google as already suggested by both us and a Google representative to get it sorted.

Google provides us with the following info re. your license and it's what we have charged them for:

image.png

Google says to contact ESET. 🙄