Weird pop up of trial license

Hello so basically i was doing my thing until eset decided to send me a pop up telling my trial license was about to expire, but it already expired since a month so i was like wait what?? then after i inspected more the pop up it said my license gonna expire in -17 days which i think is kinda funny of seeing this message appear and no idk how that happened netheir why it did but it did and  no it isn't a modified (It in french but it basically says my license gonna expire in -17 days as i said earlier on) here is the pop up i had (Still have it on my screen as i am typing this but will remove it soon) image.png.a4778d17568b2c6ee622b5a3223befb6.png

eset weird pop up.png

• Administrators

Your trial version expired 16 days ago and module updates stopped . As a result, real-time protection was disabled. Windows Defender was supposed to re-activate automatically. Malware is running on your computer:

10. 3. 2022 4:21:09    Advanced memory scanner    file    Operating memory » AppLaunch.exe(14448)    a variant of MSIL/Spy.Agent.DFY trojan

If you want to continue using ESET, purchase a license. After activating ESET, it should clean the malware. Or you can uninstall ESET and Windows Defender will probably clean the malware.

13 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Your trial version expired 16 days ago and module updates stopped . As a result, real-time protection was disabled. Windows Defender was supposed to re-activate automatically. Malware is running on your computer:

10. 3. 2022 4:21:09    Advanced memory scanner    file    Operating memory » AppLaunch.exe(14448)    a variant of MSIL/Spy.Agent.DFY trojan

If you want to continue using ESET, purchase a license. After activating ESET, it should clean the malware. Or you can uninstall ESET and Windows Defender will probably clean the malware.

I know my trial license was expired, i was wondering why eset told me it was ending in -17 days

Also i found a way to have infinite trial license on eset, basically you uninstall eset, then remove all resedual file and then re install it and click free trial and use another email and have another 30 days for free without paying, i don't know if a lot of user know that but that what i do since, uhhh i don't know how many time and i was gonna do it for re having a protection again also thanks for telling my i had a trojan applauncher.exe i will look it up

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, dinowars007 said:

Also i found a way to have infinite trial license on eset, basically you uninstall eset, then remove all resedual file and then re install it and click free trial and use another email and have another 30 days for free without paying, i don't know if a lot of user know that but that what i do since, uhhh i don't know how many time and i was gonna do it for re having a protection again also thanks for telling my i had a trojan applauncher.exe i will look it up

I wouldn't be surprised if this is against esets terms and conditions as you are basically attempting to use a paid product for free by creating multiple accounts 

16 minutes ago, peteyt said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this is against esets terms and conditions as you are basically attempting to use a paid product for free by creating multiple accounts 

I don't know but i am pretty sure it is also idk how a big av company didn,t saw a bug like this allowing ppl to use it for free every 30 days also no i won't share this method to youtube or anything else since well it isn't really good for eset netheir to have user that abuse of a bug to reset the trial i think they should do a method like kaspersky that makes a registry that kaspersky and other app to uninstall don't detect to prevent trial resseter that easy

7 hours ago, dinowars007 said:

I don't know but i am pretty sure it is also idk how a big av company didn,t saw a bug like this allowing ppl to use it for free every 30 days also no i won't share this method to youtube or anything else since well it isn't really good for eset netheir to have user that abuse of a bug to reset the trial i think they should do a method like kaspersky that makes a registry that kaspersky and other app to uninstall don't detect to prevent trial resseter that easy

Yes it could be a glitch or ESET does this to get more users with their product.
In reality, it is very difficult to know what is happening, since it could be avoided like other products normally do.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Nekonyx said:

Is it rare that this kind of glitch happens?

I wouldn't call it a glitch. It was just an improperly configured product message which was fixed almost instantly on the backend.