Elden Ring doesn't work unless I completely turn off ESET

The title says it all, I did a lot of TS w/ Bandai-Namco and in the end disabling ESET was the solution to solve my crashing issue, gamer mode doesn't cut it with this game.  Any ideas on what specifically is causing it so I don't have to totally disable ESET to play?

• Administrators

Unfortunately I have no clue what "TS w/ Bandai-Namco" means, please elaborate.

Does temporarily pausing Real-time protection and/or Web access protection make a difference? If not, what about:
- temporarily disabling protocol filtering in the advanced setup
- temporarily disabling HIPS and rebooting the machine?

• Most Valued Members

I wonder being a game if some game protection is being used that might be what could be causing the conflict but this is just a guess

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, Wolfranger said:

Yes, it uses easy anti cheat -- is there any way to tell it ok to do what it wants, just ignore eset?

Does temporarily pausing Real-time protection and/or Web access protection make a difference? If not, what about:
- temporarily disabling protocol filtering in the advanced setup
- temporarily disabling HIPS and rebooting the machine?

• Administrators

Disabling Deep Behavioral Inspection, Self-defense, Exploit Blocker, Ransomware Shield and HIPS itself, one at a time followed by a computer reboot is easy, please do so to narrow it down.

• Most Valued Members
11 hours ago, Wolfranger said:

unfortunately i'm baffled by hips settings

As mentioned disabling doesn't need any technical experience. By disabling one and then testing the game, if it doesn't fix it you can rule that setting out. Just enable it and then disable the next setting.