Pause Scheduled Scan

I see No Buttons for Scan Pause (or Stop) during scheduled -Su-Tu-Th- scans -- AND a web Search attempt mentioned Open w/ Admin Rights produces buttons -- BUT all I know to do is Rt Clk egui.exe - Clk Admin Rights = 0 button.

Forum Search - pause scheduled scans = 273 pages and no early indication of THIS topic....

WHAT's the secret?

On 11/19/2021 at 7:42 AM, Marcos said:

I recall that only standard users cannot stop scheduled scans. Are you logged in as a user with administrator rights?

My Win10 Acct I'm using now has Full Admin Rights IF THAT is what you refer to.

WHAT does it mean to Rt Clk - egui.exe - and choose Run as Admin? As stated, THAT was my only attempt at achieving Open with Admin Rights mentioned in a Search result. This is not life threatening but IF you want to update an app, need to make an Image now, etc., , it seems logical to pause Scans Vs waiting.

Edited by COStark26

• Administrators

I mean that scheduled scans cannot be paused or canceled under standard user accounts:

image.png

Administrators can pause scheduled scans only if this was allowed while scheduling the task:

image.png

Win 10 default account is a Limited Admin account. That is you normally run under standard user privileges. If a task requires full admin privileges, Windows invokes UAC to allow the user to run with full admin privileges.

The problem here as far as scheduled task creation is Eset is not invoking the escalation procedure to full admin privileges to allow for scheduled scans to paused.

• Administrators

You can find the option to allow pausing scan on the last screen where you select scan targets. Make sure to enter a number except 0:

image.png

2 minutes ago, Marcos said:

You can find the option to allow pausing scan on the last screen whTere you select scan targets.

I found the problem. @COStark26, you need to mouse click on the gear symbol for this option to appear. See below screen shot:

Eset_Scan.thumb.png.29faf79dd57a79a3f50f00d72f8d4ec3.png

16 hours ago, Marcos said:

I assume you didn't open Scheduler to schedule a scan.

Marcos, your above Reply is almost a riddle as to What you really mean. Via Scheduler Module -- I still don't see -- After Scan Actions block  - (Tools/More Tools/ Scheduler/ Computer Scan/ Adv Scan/ Custom/ Cog Wheel) - Only get what New_Style-xd shows above in his jpg .... BUT I don't know IF THAT is what you meant to get access to the correct screen WITH After Scan Actions.

Edited by COStark26