Chrome browser does not recognize protected websites for banking and payment protection

Eset version is 15.0.16.0. The chrome browser has no extensions installed. The firefox browser seems to work fine.  The problem is with Chrome. I have reinstalled both Internet Security and Chrome many times and this does not help. 

The Chrome browser was working fine with version 14.  This is a new problem with version 15. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

• Administrators

Does it work with other browsers if you set them as default?
What version of Chrome do you use?
What is the bank site url that you open and that is not redirected to the secure browser?
Are you able to launch the secure browser via the shortcut on your desktop?

Please provide also logs collected with ESET Log Collector.

It works fine with firefox. I am using the most updated version of Chrome.  I tried it with 4 different financial institutions

and none of them work with Chrome.  They all work with Firefox. One of them is www.chase.com.

Using the shortcut, Chrome works fine. I will reinstall Chrome and provide you with the file you requested.

Some of my clients are seeing exactly the same problem since upgrading to v15. The secure browser works fine in other browsers but not Chrome where it's not started for any relevant site as it should be.

Several of my clients are having same problem since updating to V15, but they are not getting any browser to work properly.

They can open the ESET secure browser icon on desktop, then access their banking site OK.

But if they open Chrome or Firefox (or Edge) they can open the banking sites and not see any indication that they are protected.

Has something changed with V15?

Always conditional redirection (by url) does not work after updating a browser such as Edge. It takes a few days for ESET to release an update and then it works again. (This is one of ESET's long-standing bugs. It should change, since "Chromium" browsers are updated every month.) Have you updated your current browsers?

• Administrators
Just now, czesetfan said:

Always conditional redirection (by url) does not work after updating a browser such as Edge. It takes a few days for ESET to release an update and then it works again. (This is one of ESET's long-standing bugs. It should change, since "Chromium" browsers are updated every month.) Have you updated your current browsers?

To prevent this, enable "Secure all browsers" so that bank sites will open securely all the time regardless of whether the particular browser is support or not. It's not a bug that a particular browser may not be supported right at the time of its release.

The same thing happens to me if I access the bank directly with Chrome, the Eset secure browser does not start but, if I enter from the ESET secure browser icon on the desktop, if the secure browser is opened, another way is to check the box of protect all browsers in this way the secure browser is always open.

[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/5yBvxq17/Captura-de-pantalla-2021-11-03-101056.jpg[/img][/url]

9 hours ago, Marcos said:

To prevent this, enable "Secure all browsers" so that bank sites will open securely all the time regardless of whether the particular browser is support or not. It's not a bug that a particular browser may not be supported right at the time of its release.

In this case, setting up selected addresses (banks and the like, where login credentials are required) becomes meaningless. Either I'm not using protected mode, or I'm running all browsers still in protected mode, but the : option to run only selected addresses in protected mode loses meaning.

For this scenario: one browser, normal browsing in normal mode and selected addresses (bank, webmail) automatically redirected to the protected browser, it doesn't work. 
I honestly don't understand why the functionality depends so much on a particular browser version. After all, those 93,94,95 updates are not fundamentally different (new core, engine, etc). What needs to be changed in ESET modules with each update?
Isn't there any consideration of changing the approach to this?

I'm sad that I can't use this solution according to the above scenario. (Browser in protected mode has its own profile. This means that it is possible to have no passwords stored in the normal profile, but it is in the protected profile.)

• Administrators

You can choose between using a standard browser for browsing and have redirection of bank sites to a secure browser enabled, or enable "secure all browsers" with redirection disabled. In this case the secure browser will work regardless of browser updates.

Yes, after all, that's what I'm saying. The problem is that the redirect after every browser update for a few days doesn't work. And so it is regularly every month.

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, czesetfan said:

Yes, after all, that's what I'm saying. The problem is that the redirect after every browser update for a few days doesn't work. And so it is regularly every month.

It's similar to OS updates. Vendors cannot declare support until they test their products with the final release version of the OS and make the necessary adjustments to the code in oder to be 100% compliant.

I'm not sure I can agree. The "big" numbering of browser versions (93,94,95 ..) is just cosmetic, marketing. It should realistically be 93.1, 93.2, maybe just 93.0.12, 93.0.24, etc. The changes inside are not big. 

On the other hand, how is support for Microsoft Office, for example, provided? There are several updates per month in the Current Channel as well, and every month the version number is elevated. Also, will they be without support for a few days each month? 

All I'm saying is that maybe for the "defined url open in secure browser" feature it would be good to change the approach to the solution. As it is, I don't see this as a workable solution.

In my case it has already been solved: yesterday the secure payment with Edge already worked and today it works with Chrome I believe that Eset has had to update the secure payment module. all correct. a greeting😃

thanks Marcos

• 2 weeks later...

I just updated Chrome Version 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (64 bits) and the secure payment from Chrome does not open the window, however from the desktop icon if the secure payment works.
I will have to wait a few days until Eset updates a module but it is curious every time Chrome changes version for a few days the secure payment from the browser does not work (as I have commented before from the desktop icon, yes).🙄

7 hours ago, micasayyo said:

Secure payment from Chrome is working again, module 1245 updated

This happiness lasts exactly before the first reboot

Marcos, on your part, and from other moderators, it is very impolite to ignore a similar problem in the Business Products section

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Viatcheclav Bukas said:

Marcos, on your part, and from other moderators, it is very impolite to ignore a similar problem in the Business Products section

I'm sorry but I have absolutely no clue what you mean bu ignoring the problem in the business product section. The Secure browser module in business products was updated too:

image.png

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, itman said:

I'm sorry for that. Feel free to PM me or another moderator if you notice that a post has not been answered. I have  replied there now.