Cannot update to 15.0.16.0

Go to solution Solved by SnowdeninRussia,

Trying to update from 14.2.24.0 to 15.0.16.0.   From the home tab I've hit Accept & Update for the new license agreement, once I hit that I get and Elevated ESET client prompt, I hit yes on that window and it takes me to the update tab.  From there I hit Update product now(because it isint updating at this point).  That takes me to another Elevated ESET promt, which again brings me back to the update tab and does nothing...

Please Alpha and beta test your software before unleashing it on the public, unless you want to pay us for testing... thanks

And for the love of all that is holy, please, no forced beta updates in a few days if the bugs are not all worked out.

I'm a busy man(as I'm sure most of us are) and I don't want to spend what usually turns out to be many hours(or days) doing pest control. 

Please, someone in the QA department, anyone, pull the cord and stop the bus and tell the driver to make a u-turn cause we didn't buy tickets for bug city.   

Edited by SnowdeninRussia

• Administrators

Unfortunately we were unable to reproduce this issue; it was not discovered during beta and pre-release QA testing and we haven't received any reports of an issue like that either. Therefore we'd recommend uninstalling v14 and installing v15 from scratch after a reboot.

I'm having the exact same problem as SnowedeninRussia trying to update from 14.2.24.0 to 15.0.16.0.  Have never seen this in all previous updates over the past several years.

I'm appending the Esetlogcollecter zip file and screen grab.eis_logs.zipeis_logs.zipeis_logs.zipeis_logs.zipeis_logs.zip

• ESET Insiders

Are the people having problems with installing using any type of Windows Hardening applications or settings through group policies? If so return those settings to default or remove or disable said apps before attempting to install any Eset app. 

• Administrators

If you click Accept&Update while a module update is already running, it may appear that no update is being downloaded. However, all you have to do is activate the Update panel, wait until modules get updated and then run manual update. This is a bug in v14.2 so any further updates from v15 to a newer version won't be affected.

I got exactly the same unexpected behavior ... I click on Accept & Update and nothing really happens. Tried restarting my system - still nothing.

My current Nod32 version is 14.2.24.0 and I am trying to update to 15.0.16.0 on Windows 7 (x64).

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, sake said:

I got exactly the same unexpected behavior ... I click on Accept & Update and nothing really happens. Tried restarting my system - still nothing.

My current Nod32 version is 14.2.24.0 and I am trying to update to 15.0.16.0 on Windows 7 (x64).

What happens if you click "Check for update" after a computer restart?

Just now, Marcos said:

What happens if you click "Check for update" after a computer restart?

Thanks for this quick reply back, Marcos.

I click on the Check for Updates button .... the app loads and then I see the blue button called Update Product Now. I click again on it and nothing really happens.

Then I tried to go back to Home and clicked on Accept & Update - again nothing. I see for a second the note "Updating Product" and it goes back to its default state.

Cleared the Update Cache from the settings - did not fix the issue.

• Solution
On 10/21/2021 at 6:18 AM, Marcos said:

Unfortunately we were unable to reproduce this issue; it was not discovered during beta and pre-release QA testing and we haven't received any reports of an issue like that either. Therefore we'd recommend uninstalling v14 and installing v15 from scratch after a reboot.

I can affirm that this is the only solution that worked for me. 

It's worth mentioning that attempting to execute this seemingly simple operation without taking the proper steps could lead to foul language and possible anger.

To help others complete this task while maintaining a semi zen-like state, I've included a small guide that you may find useful.

#1 Record any customized settings (I had a ton) you have in ESET or you'll be S.O.L. like me

#2  Make sure before you uninstall that you have created a user login name and password at:

https://login.eset.com

Alternately, you can type eset login in google and the first result should be:

*NOTE*  This user name and password will be a different account than your ESET Forums account.

• Once you create your login, link your license key to the login account you've just created. 
  • Make sure ESET recognizes your CURRENT computer and has it listed under  Show all devices ->

#2 Uninstall ESET

• When uninstalling you cannot use add/remove programs, instead follow this guide to the letter:

https://support.eset.com/en/kb5547-uninstall-your-eset-home-product-in-windows-10

• Once you've uninstalled ESET, reboot your system

#3 Log in to your ESET account (refer to step #1)

• From ESET HOME, Click on show all licenses -> then click on Open license
  • Make note of your ESET product listed under Available products for this license

*NOTE*  ESET CYBER SECURITY is for Mac computers only.  Windows versions will have something like ESET NOD32 Antivirus ect... 

• Navigate back to ESET HOME and click Show all devices ->
  • Find the computer listed here that  your going to be installing ESET on and click on the three little dots -> to the right of that system and select Disconnect ->

#4 Install ESET

• I downloaded ESET NOD32 Antivirus 15.0.16.0 from this article:

https://support.eset.com/en/kb2885-download-and-install-eset-offline-or-install-older-versions-of-eset-products

#5 Login once the install has completed

*NOTE Make sure and use the proper login (refer to step #1)

The following edits where attempted but failed because the system would not let me edit my previous post:

All instances of the statement

17 minutes ago, SnowdeninRussia said:

(refer to step #1)

should instead say (refer to step #2) in my previous post.

The statement

17 minutes ago, SnowdeninRussia said:

#5 Login once the install has completed

should instead read

#5 Log in once the install has completed

Perhaps a mod could fix it and then delete this additional post if they like. 

Edited by SnowdeninRussia

I guess something new has been done on ESET side because I cannot even see the v15 update now. Have you pulled it back, ESET? Thanks.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, sake said:

I guess something new has been done on ESET side because I cannot even see the v15 update now. Have you pulled it back, ESET? Thanks.

It's still available:

image.png

• 3 weeks later...

I have the exact same issue with 3 PCs running Windows 10 and Eset Internet Security.

I click the Update Product Now button  to update from 14.2.24.0 to 15.0.18.0

The message says  Updating Product   then the blue button returns with no updates.

I really see no reason to pay for a product where we have to uninstall then re-install just to get updates.  Surely you can sort this issue out programatically

Thanks

• Administrators
1 hour ago, duffy said:

I click the Update Product Now button  to update from 14.2.24.0 to 15.0.18.0

The message says  Updating Product   then the blue button returns with no updates.

Does clearing update cache make a difference?

image.png

To my best knowledge, the cache is cleared automatically after a program upgrade as of v15.

I still experience the same issue but do not plan to uninstall the application. Cleared the cache - still no luck.

Is anybody working on fixing this? Has it been reported as a bug? Thanks.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, sake said:

I still experience the same issue but do not plan to uninstall the application. Cleared the cache - still no luck.

Is anybody working on fixing this? Has it been reported as a bug? Thanks.

Unfortunately we have no information about your OS, installed updates and the version of ESET that you have currently installed. Please enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support and run update. Then disable logging, collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

I'm having two Windows 7 Enterprise machines both with same symptoms: showing that update 15.0.18 is available but nothing happens when clicking either Update product now or Accept & update.

To test just install some Win7 machine or VM, install last Eset 14 and try to update to 15.

Edited by NodUser123

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, NodUser123 said:

I'm having two Windows 7 Enterprise machines both with same symptoms: showing that update 15.0.18 is available but nothing happens when clicking either Update product now or Accept & update.

To test just install some Win7 machine or VM, install last Eset 14 and try to update to 15.

Try running update manually when modules are not being updated, ie. reboot the machine when modules are up to date and try again. Also please confirm that you don't have the ESET PROTECT management agent installed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
10 hours ago, Sirnaq said:

Have exact same issue, trying to update from 14.2.24.0 to 15.0.21.0

Try uninstalling v14.2 and installing v15.0.21 from scratch. We believe that upgrade to future versions will be smooth.

I tried to download the NOD32 Security installer (x64) and run it, but it says: "Outdated Version of Microsoft Windows. The product is no longer supported on your outdated version of Microsoft Windows" ... however, I have downloaded and installed all the possible Windows 7 (x64) updates.

• Most Valued Members
12 minutes ago, sake said:

I tried to download the NOD32 Security installer (x64) and run it, but it says: "Outdated Version of Microsoft Windows. The product is no longer supported on your outdated version of Microsoft Windows" ... however, I have downloaded and installed all the possible Windows 7 (x64) updates.

Double check you have all the updates mentioned on here https://support.eset.com/en/kb7385-microsoft-windows-7-end-of-support-and-eset-products

Thank you, Pete.

I had to install KB4490628 and then had to run the offline NOD32 installer and only then managed to update to 15.0.21.0. Though, it was still not possible through the already installed v14. Thanks for your time once again.