ESET Cyber Security Pro on Mac is consistently consuming over 3GB of Memory...

This can't possibly be right! Activity Monitor show ESET is consuming over 3GB of my Macbook Pro's RAM between the daemon file and the (I assume) parent application. See the screenshot. These two files are frequently at the top of the list using the most Memory of all apps running on my device. Is there something I can do about this?

2021-09-28_14-09-25.jpg

7 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Please collect logs as per https://support.eset.com/en/kb3404 and raise a support ticket with your local ESET distributor. 

The Log Collector page you sent me to is for a downloadable app that requires you to reproduce the issue in order to generate the log. Since I do not know the issue, how am I supposed to recreate it?

• Administrators

Please collect logs when esets_daemon consumes an excessive amount of memory. Tech support should pass the logs to developers then who will provide further instructions by return.

Well, problem is that it is always using about that amount, so there is no "when", it is perpetual. I submit a support request so hopefully they will guide me further. I had assumed that if mine is performing like this, others will have (or had) the same issue.

Edited by Dzyner

• Administrators

I assume the issue does not exhibit immediately after MacOS starts, does it? You can collect logs at any time when you see a high memory consumption by esets_daemon.