My ESET does not acces live grid

Go to solution Solved by itman,

This is constant after last update all ports udp/TCP ,  80,443,53535 are open the vpn is off still not updating,  What is going on,  Do not tell me to do the log ,  tried it does nto work for me,   Windows10 64 b

ESET CAN NOT REACH SERVVERS. .JPG

3 hours ago, itman said:

Perform this cloud connectivity test: https://www.amtso.org/feature-settings-check-cloud-lookups/. Eset should detect as shown in the below screen shot:

Eset_Cloudcar.thumb.png.0f980de94cd2ec7f0986d58105f84cdf.png

Yes it dl the cloud.exe. the same screen except the Tread removed .  I have no idea what it means,  but it is not all the time tat it is not accessing live grid,  Just few times a day ,  It should not do it .  Never before I had any problem with eset,  thank you very much

If you are able to download this file successfully, your anti-malware product is NOT configured correctly to use cloud-based resources, or DOES NOT conform to industry best practice. So what should I do now?

Edited by Danutak

13 minutes ago, Danutak said:

Yes it dl the cloud.exe. the same screen except the Tread removed .  I have no idea what it means,  but it is not all the time tat it is not accessing live grid,  Just few times a day ,  It should not do it .  Never before I had any problem with eset,  thank you very much

If you are able to download this file successfully, your anti-malware product is NOT configured correctly to use cloud-based resources, or DOES NOT conform to industry best practice. So what should I do now?

It could also be that you are not connected to the internet, so it looks like that.

• Marcos changed the title to My ESET does not acces live grid
14 hours ago, Danutak said:

Yes it dl the cloud.exe. the same screen except the Tread removed . 

Sometimes it takes a few secs. for Eset to connect to its cloud servers and the detection alert to appear.

Repeat the AMTSO test but wait at least 10 - 20 secs. for the Eset alert to appear.

• Solution
19 hours ago, Danutak said:

This is constant after last update all ports udp/TCP ,  80,443,53535 are open the vpn is off still not updating,

Also make sure you haven't created any Eset custom firewall rule that conflicts with the default ekrn rule that allows all inbound and outbound traffic for ekrn.exe. Of note is ekrn.exe needs constant TCP access to port 8883.

7 hours ago, itman said:

thank you so much ,  How long it takes to generate the logs,  so far is gray and can not change It shows the filtered binary can not change to original binary from disk, or save it.  I changed first and it showed in my folder , I have no idea if that is what Marcos need .  Thank you for your link to tutorial

essp_logs.zip

Edited by Danutak

6 hours ago, itman said:

Also make sure you haven't created any Eset custom firewall rule that conflicts with the default ekrn rule that allows all inbound and outbound traffic for ekrn.exe. Of note is ekrn.exe needs constant TCP access to port 8883.

TCP port 8883 is open :) thank you,  you are kind and helpful.  I do appreciate it :)

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Danutak said:

thank you so much ,  How long it takes to generate the logs,  so far is gray and can not change It shows the filtered binary can not change to original binary from disk, or save it.  I changed first and it showed in my folder , I have no idea if that is what Marcos need .  Thank you for your link to tutorial.

Unfortunately the uploaded file is 0 bytes in size. Please try uploading it again.

Yes the log collector does not work at all, but I had seen advice about port 8883, opened it and from this moment my software updates correctly. Maybe this was a problem,  It is updating for 12 hours with no problem

itman I think you  were right! Thank you so much

1 hour ago, SlashRose said:

itman is almost always right, is here the best man on forum.

He is a jewel in this forum,  I do appreciate help I always get here Thank you everyone

What I beleive the issue here is you have created a bunch of custom firewall rules and they were interfering with required ekrn.exe network communication.

Note that Eset firewall rules are parsed from the rule set in top to bottom order. It is always best to always add custom rules at the bottom of the existing default rule set, which is done by default, unless you fully understand what you are doing. The only exception to this are unblocking rules created by the Eset Network wizard and when deploying those, best to review the rules created. Of note is these wizard created rules are permissive ones in that a possible firewall vulnerability could be created. 

Edited by itman

3 hours ago, itman said:

What I beleive the issue here is you have created a bunch of custom firewall rules and they were interfering with required ekrn.exe network communication.

Note that Eset firewall rules are parsed from the rule set in top to bottom order. It is always best to always add custom rules at the bottom of the existing default rule set, which is done by default, unless you fully understand what you are doing. The only exception to this are unblocking rules created by the Eset Network wizard and when deploying those, best to review the rules created. Of note is these wizard created rules are permissive ones in that a possible firewall vulnerability could be created. 

I thought it is solved , finally i got the log uploading now Thank you Itman  Maybe Marcos will see it , No I am not that knowledgeable.  I trust in software , that all.  I do not understand how exactly it works. Sorry :(

essp_logs.zip