Jump to content

Eset does not remove threats


Recommended Posts

The image below informs that 4 threats were detected and I put it to delete and was informed that it was not possible as the image informs below.

image.png.61273ccb6bf6a1d1c17ea8fb44812493.png

I was left with doubts.
1 - Am I infected even using the eset product?
2 - Why couldn't you remove?
3 - Is my pc safe?
4 - Do I need to use another program to check if my pc is infected since eset hasn't removed it?
5 - Since eset was unable to remove could it inform me another antivirus to do this removal job? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Maybe the AIMP installer / updater is currently running and therefore cannot be cleaned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
9 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

The image below informs that 4 threats were detected and I put it to delete and was informed that it was not possible as the image informs below.

image.png.61273ccb6bf6a1d1c17ea8fb44812493.png

I was left with doubts.
1 - Am I infected even using the eset product?
2 - Why couldn't you remove?
3 - Is my pc safe?
4 - Do I need to use another program to check if my pc is infected since eset hasn't removed it?
5 - Since eset was unable to remove could it inform me another antivirus to do this removal job? 

Hard to know exactly what it says as I only know English but you could try running the scan as an administrator and possibly in safe mode if that works.

Not sure if they might be PUA @Marcosmight be able to confirm this. PUA is potentially unwanted applications and it's down to the user to decide if the risks are worth it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

The image below informs that 4 threats were detected and I put it to delete and was informed that it was not possible as the image informs below.

As the Eset Scan log shows, the files couldn't be deleted because Windows has a lock on those files.

One possible source of Windows locking is System Restore. You could temporarily disable it. Note: you will lose your existing restore points when you do this. Then run another Eset scan. To save time, I would just scan the directories where the malware resides. Then re-enable System Restore and create a new restore point.

Alternatively, you could just manually delete the detected files which I recommend.

Also, my best guess here is the detected .exe files are currently not running. If that was the case, Eset should have detected them at start up time. Where did you download AIMP from? If done from Microsoft Store, the installer should be free of malware.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, itman said:

As the Eset Scan log shows, the files couldn't be deleted because Windows has a lock on those files.

One possible source of Windows locking is System Restore. You could temporarily disable it. Note: you will lose your existing restore points when you do this. Then run another Eset scan. To save time, I would just scan the directories where the malware resides. Then re-enable System Restore and create a new restore point.

Alternatively, you could just manually delete the detected files which I recommend.

Also, my best guess here is the detected .exe files are currently not running. If that was the case, Eset should have detected them at start up time. Where did you download AIMP from? If done from Microsoft Store, the installer should be free of malware.

Below is the official website where the program was downloaded. 

AIMP

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

Below is the official website where the program was downloaded. 

AIMP

Download from here: https://www.aimp.ru/?do=download&os=windows is detected by Eset as a PUA. I guess you ignored that alert.

Eset_PUA.png.e6f0bdc2c8bfc0912cfad32b363268b3.png

Referring to Eset Scan log you posted are the AIMP detections PUA detections? Appears that is the case. Refer to this Eset KB article: https://support.eset.com/en/kb117-my-eset-product-notified-me-of-a-detectionwhat-should-i-do . Scroll down to the "Special Cases" section. Note the following:

Quote

Potentially unwanted applications

The detection might be classified by your ESET product as a potentially unwanted application (what is a potentially unwanted application?). When you installed ESET you were given the option to enable/disable the detection of potentially unwanted applications.

Next. refer to this article: https://support.eset.com/en/kb2629-what-is-a-potentially-unwanted-application-or-potentially-unwanted-content . It appears when you responded to the initial Eset PUA alert, you didn't select the "exclude from detection" option. Therefore, Eset will detect the PUA on every off-line scan.

Edited by itman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...