Good afternoon,
1 - Why on the VB100 website does ESET no longer have a certificate since August 24, 2020?
2 - I've always liked using ESET's products, but in some tests by AV-TEST and AV-COMPARATIVES our security solution is coming out below other free antivirus how can it be?

What is happening with our solution is losing market, our security product is no longer recognized? 

image.png.ff90595a3b9aee0f3b4f63a7255448d5.png

Actually, I wondered the same thing.

However, I believe VB certifications are effective for one year. As such, the current certification hasn't expired yet.

33 minutes ago, itman said:

Actually, I wondered the same thing.

However, I believe VB certifications are effective for one year. As such, the current certification hasn't expired yet.

There is no explanation, because before ESET was not unrecognized for more than 1 year, each year it was renewed.
How do you explain to me that in the AV-COMPARATIVES and AV-TEST tests, our product is losing out to free antivirus? 

2 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

How do you explain to me that in the AV-COMPARATIVES and AV-TEST tests, our product is losing out to free antivirus? 

Add to this group, the last MRG Effitas 360 test: https://www.mrg-effitas.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/MRG_Effitas_360_2021Q1.pdf . Eset Endpoint failed to get certified for the 'In the Wild 360 / Full Spectrum' portion of the test. A first on this test series, I believe.

Edited by itman

1 hour ago, NewbyUser said:

NewbyUser
The link you sent I was reading ended up understanding about ESET leaving the tests.
Now what I don't understand why in the tests of AV-COMPARATIVES and AV-TEST ESET not getting High grades? is losing out to FREE Products. why is that? 

Edited by New_Style_xd

• ESET Insiders

Everyone gets hung up on "perfection". There a multitude of factors that go into antivirus/antimalware testing and Eset typically scores in the 97-99% range which is excellent in my opinion. The most important factor is what works best on YOUR system. While I do look over some AV test sites they don't govern why I use Eset. It's the best performing AV on my system and has been for a long time, way back to when "Advance Heuristics" was the big thing. In that regard Eset has been "First" to implement a number of things along the way. If you're not comfortable using it, then don't use it. 

https://www.welivesecurity.com/2017/06/08/testing-marketing-rummaging-fud-banks/

https://www.welivesecurity.com/2017/10/13/simulation-dissimulation-exasperation/

https://www.welivesecurity.com/2015/08/14/signatures-product-testing-lingering-death-av/

Edited by NewbyUser

• ESET Insiders
16 minutes ago, NewbyUser said:

The most important factor is what works best on YOUR system. While I do look over some AV test sites they don't govern why I use Eset. It's the best performing AV on my system and has been for a long time, way back to when "Advance Heuristics" was the big thing.

I think this sums up the current Eset status.

Many use Eset for its low system performance impact. Eset could implement "system watcher" based snapshoting and resultant system rollback feature such as Kaspersky has, but it will have an impact on system performance. On the other hand, it appears that Kaspersky in its recent versions have made this impact much less pronounced.

Edited by itman

• ESET Insiders
4 minutes ago, itman said:

I think this sums up the current Eset status.

Many use Eset for its low system performance impact. Eset could implement a "system watcher" and resultant system rollback feature such as Kaspersky has, but it will have an impact on system performance. On the other hand, it appears that Kaspersky in its recent versions have made this impact much less pronounced.

I sort of agree on the system watcher/HIPS as we've already discussed. System rollback to me, should fall under your system back up plan and shouldn't involve your AV/AM. That makes for an overcomplicated app. Dedicated backup software should be used.

1 hour ago, NewbyUser said:

Unfortunately, this was not the case in the most recent test: https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/windows-10/june-2021/eset-internet-security-14.1-211309/ . Eset scored 5/6 in the Protection category.

• ESET Insiders

I’m aware of that. 97.9% for Zero day. Still a pretty good percentage. Again I don’t change my AV due to a single test. 

• Most Valued Members
4 hours ago, NewbyUser said:

After reading the link I'm still unsure why they left although I presume it costs to take part? Just from a marketing perspective if they had the best run and kept getting great results why leave. Some do pick their AV based by results and surely having more good results would help

• ESET Insiders

True. But there’s actually a market now for testing AV and the cost is too for some. Emsisoft for one example is a small company that likely can’t afford some of these tests yet they have a rather good product that would likely score well so they could use the marketing benefit. 

5 hours ago, NewbyUser said:

True. But there’s actually a market now for testing AV and the cost is too for some. Emsisoft for one example is a small company that likely can’t afford some of these tests yet they have a rather good product that would likely score well so they could use the marketing benefit. 

Does anyone have any idea how much these tests are worth? 

21 hours ago, peteyt said:

After reading the link I'm still unsure why they left

Well, Eset stopped participating in the VB RAP (Reactive And Proactive) tests some time ago. Note that VB no longer performs RAP testing; at least as far as public disclosure of its test results.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2021 at 6:13 PM, itman said:

Well, Eset stopped participating in the VB RAP (Reactive And Proactive) tests some time ago. Note that VB no longer performs RAP testing; at least as far as public disclosure of its test results.

I had a doubt, ESET does not participate but the test of vb100 more in the installer of eset comes information that it is awarded by vb100 but when going to consult it does not participate for more than 1 year.
There are people who, when you install the product, see this and see that it is not true. this could be a way of deceiving the customer and may lower ESET's product reputation.