Documentation on PROGRAM COMPONENT UPDATE - Auto Update

sk3y0n3

We are struggling to get Auto-Update working via policy in or environment.  I confirmed the policy is distributed to the group we are testing on.  We are on 8.0.2028.0 and version 8.1.2031.0 shows as available in the Protect console.  I don't see anywhere where we can accept the EULA.  I was unable to find any info in the documentation on this.  Does anyone have any greater information on this or can link to documentation on the process. 

• Administrators

Currently the only way to upgrade v8.0 to 8.1 is by sending a software install task.

In approximately 2 weeks there will be automatic update available which will install on machines that have program update set to Auto-update via a policy:

image.png

• 1 month later...

@Marcos Its been a few weeks and i have not seen any component updates.  I have verified the settings but non of the clients in my test group have been updated yet.  Any advice on what might be missing?

image.png.3a32628476a76d6f9480e75566c1ae9a.png

• Administrators

On August 25 we are starting to roll out the very first uPCU update to v8.0.2039 version for those with older Endpoint v8.0 versions. The rollout will be staggered and we expect it will take about 2 weeks to get downloaded by all users with an older version of Endpoint v8.0.

Why doesn't ESET Endpoint Security 8.0.2028 install uPCU update to version 8.0.2039 from the local repository?
I see that ekrn is loading metadata from repository (http:\\192.168.1.1\v1\com\eset\apps\business\ees\windows\metadata3), but nothing further happens.