Jump to content

ESET PROTECT Upgrade Issue


Go to solution Solved by MartinK,

Recommended Posts

Hello.  This morning when I logged into ESET PROTECT, I saw a message that a new version of ESET PROTECT was available.  So I backed up my certificates and DB and started the upgrade from within the console.  After 30 mins, I still could not login to the console and the error below kept coming up.  All of the ESET services and Apache Tomcat 9.0 were running.  I checked C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\apache-tomcat-9.0.35\webapps\ and I had three folders.  They were era.bak, era.new, and ROOT.  I renamed era.new to era and restarted the Tomcat service and I was able to login.  I checked the task for the upgrade and it looks like there was an error when renaming era.new to era.  Do we know the cause of this other than access is denied?

image.png.3bb3658bd85250f6bb521d89bfe4de14.png

image.thumb.png.575a6549282eb4992e73868f9eaa3ab3.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would download a fresh copy of the WAR file from ESET's website, move the era.bak and era.new folders to a 2nd location as a backup, then restart the Tomcat service.  That should re-create the ERA folders and restore access.  This should get you operational again unless you have a special distributed setup.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff
  • Solution
On 6/24/2021 at 4:05 PM, T3chGuy007 said:

Hello.  This morning when I logged into ESET PROTECT, I saw a message that a new version of ESET PROTECT was available.  So I backed up my certificates and DB and started the upgrade from within the console.  After 30 mins, I still could not login to the console and the error below kept coming up.  All of the ESET services and Apache Tomcat 9.0 were running.  I checked C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\apache-tomcat-9.0.35\webapps\ and I had three folders.  They were era.bak, era.new, and ROOT.  I renamed era.new to era and restarted the Tomcat service and I was able to login.  I checked the task for the upgrade and it looks like there was an error when renaming era.new to era.  Do we know the cause of this other than access is denied?

image.png.3bb3658bd85250f6bb521d89bfe4de14.png

image.thumb.png.575a6549282eb4992e73868f9eaa3ab3.png

Renaming mentioned directory is actually last step in upgrade process (swap of previous and new version), so after manual renaming, it should be fine to use. But otherwise I am not sure what could be wrong - seems that something was blocking renaming of era.new directory, but this directory should not be used at the moment, so either Tomcat was running (even it should not have been) or extraction of directory was not finished yet - but in this case, we will check whether this can be improved at least in a way that directory will be copied instead of moved, and in case of failure, it will just fail to remove temporary file, instead of failing whole upgrade ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...