Currently running the appliance RASA 7.2, would like documentation for migrating to PROTECT Entry

jcy

Hopefully the migration will be transparent to the end users as they are tax professionals who will be busy through the end of this month.

Thanks,

jcy

rasa.png

• ESET Staff

Hello, details with regards to the migration can be listed here: https://help.eset.com/protect_deploy_va/80/en-US/va_upgrade_migrate.html 

Also, for such customers, I would recommend to migrate to ESET PROTECT Cloud, as that would remove any further burden of on premises migrations. 

Michael, thanks for your reply, but I am very confused now, I thought I had purchased the Cloud solution?  Is "Entry" not a cloud based solution?  Here is the line item from my invoice:

entry.PNG.238f4d9cef88f795dbdbd8685290fa83.PNG

• ESET Moderators

Hello @jcy,

so it seems you purchased ESET PROTECT Entry https://www.eset.com/us/business/entry-protection-bundle/ right?

You can share your public license ID so we can check.

This pack indeed includes the cloud-based management console.

Were you able to set it up?

Peter

• ESET Staff

Hello @jcy If you have purchased ESET PROTECT Entry, then indeed you should be able to activate ESET PROTECT Cloud.

Just do the following (if you have not done so): 

1. Create EBA account at eba.eset.com 
  2. Add your license key there. If you register EBA under the same e-mail that the license was purchased under, license will be added automatically.
  3. Once the license is added a tile showing "setup ESET PROTECT Cloud" will appear. You can choose the DC location, and setup your EPC instance. 
  4. Once instance is done and running, you can proceed according to the migration manual posted above.

Can you please share with me the license e-mail that you have received from whoever sold you the license? Ideally via private message, as the email should have included the instructions. 

Regards,

Michal 

Michael, thanks for the instructions.  After I entered my incumbent license key (per step 2) I saw my current endpoints show up in the EBA, but after setting up the EPC instance (per step 3) I saw another line appear under licensing management and, it looks like the current endpoints have to be migrated to the new license?  I was not able to divine how to do that from the url in your initial reply for migration.  Would you please send the link for the task to accomplish this?  The public ID for the license is:

License/Public ID:      33B-3V7-PTR

image.thumb.png.056c4cde5256ec56c28c887803e02401.png

• ESET Staff

Hello,

When I checked your license 33B-3V7-PTR in our licensing system, it is correctly upgraded to ESET PROTECT Entry.

The license is also correctly shown in ESET PROTECT Cloud, and the Endpoints seems to be activated (I see consumption of 10 out of 20).  The reason why you see two lines there, one is the "bundle name" and second line is the "included product name". So no action is required. 

Now, the next step is to deploy the management agent, so the devices which are currently in use, would be present in ESET PROTECT Cloud "Computers" Tab. 

Regards,

Michal