I have been trying to download and print my tax documents from my online banking.

I have been trying to download and print my tax documents from my online banking.  They are in pdf.   It keeps telling me they failed scan.  This problem has just started recently.  Also I needed to download Adobe Reader on my laptop and the same problem has occurred.   How do I turn off or fix this problem.  I have used Eset for several years and never had problems until now.  If this continues I will be changing to a different virus scan.

If you are using Firefox as your browser, it will by default open .pdf files using its internal PDF reader. No need to download and use Adobe's PDF Reader. Once the .pdf is open in FireFox, you should be able to directly print it w/o issue.

It's got to Help for you to Post What App is Selected in Options/ Portable Doc Folder line.

(Presumably after a FF Ver Upgrade) ...  I found the Choice Changed to SAVE FILE, and PDF's were in my D:\Downloads Folder I never looked at until by accident.