ESET Cyber Security Pro not working for MacOS Big Sur

I bought an Eset Cyber SEcurity PRO license for 2 years for MacOS. But when I updated my Mac to newest version of Big Sur to 11.2 I am not able to update ESET anymore. I have some warning in the client (that my computer is not protected) and when I try to update to newest version I get an error. Version I am using right now is 6.10.400 problematic one that can't be installed is 6.10.460.1, it says that it is intended only for version 10.12 - 11.0 what is not my case (I am running 11.2).

I am in this state for several weeks without any protection waiting for some update.

So my license I paid for is useless.

Is there any updated planned for 11.2 Big sur ? Or I just throw 75 euros out of the window ?

• Administrators

You can install the current version on Big Sur 11.2. However, there's a bug in the current version and you must click quickly the Continue button when the incompatibility warning pops up. Some users are already testing Endpoint Security for Mac which will bring all system extensions for Big Sur and will have also some minor bugs from the current version fixed. The final release is scheduled for March.

• 2 weeks later...

My internet is unbearably slow - and when i disconnect the eset proxy (cyber security Pro) i have my speed back. Please help my mac book pro is basically a brick a the moment

• Administrators
1 hour ago, fobar said:

My internet is unbearably slow - and when i disconnect the eset proxy (cyber security Pro) i have my speed back. Please help my mac book pro is basically a brick a the moment

Please open a support ticket with your local ESET distributor and provide logs collected as per https://support.eset.com/en/kb3404.

23 hours ago, fobar said:

My internet is unbearably slow - and when i disconnect the eset proxy (cyber security Pro) i have my speed back. 

Same.

Opened the 2nd ticket at local support. Now I was told that they were able to reproduce and wait for a response from developers...

• ESET Moderators

@fobar

On 2/19/2021 at 8:50 AM, fobar said:

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

Version (6.10.600.0+) containing a fix for connection slowdown should be available in few days.

Peter

• ESET Moderators

Hello @Philippe S

On 2/19/2021 at 4:24 PM, Philippe S said:

I could only update BIG SUR by starting my iMac in the save mode (very slow) , at that time Eset was complete disconnected.

Yes that is one of the issues, which will is addressed in the builds to be released.

Workaround is to disable Web access protection before the update start.

Peter

• ESET Moderators

@bEeReE

On 2/20/2021 at 8:15 AM, bEeReE said:

Same.

Opened the 2nd ticket at local support. Now I was told that they were able to reproduce and wait for a response from developers...

Version (6.10.600.0+) containing a fix for connection slowdown should be available in few days, so stay tuned for the release announcement. I recommend to upgrade to it, once available.

Peter

• ESET Moderators
22 hours ago, bEeReE said:

Thanks a lot, Peter! I have successfully tested this version (received from support) and can confirm that the speed was back :)

Great, thank you for the confirmation.

Hopefully it will be released soon.

Peter