Question | Automate failed client task to rerun again until successfully deployed.

Hi all, 
I ran into the issue where sometimes an automated task failed due to a reason of "Time out" or "package not found in repository"  for installing AV software. using a dynamic group and a task assigned to that group. 

Any chance to automate the "run on failed" until EEA\EES is installed successfully and the agent clears that "dynamic auto-deploy folder" 

Attaching screenshot of the failed attempt. 
You can see it says the task is still "Planned" to run, but it never actually run again - is that a bug? 

Thanks!

failed task.jpg

• Administrators

First of all, in this case the task will never succeed due to the reason - "package not found in repository". Create a new install task, select an existing package from the repository and send the task to desired clients.

16 hours ago, Marcos said:

First of all, in this case the task will never succeed due to the reason - "package not found in repository". Create a new install task, select an existing package from the repository and send the task to desired clients.

Hi Marcos, 
Perhaps I wasn't clear with my question. 
This task has ran and succeeded on quite a few jobs with the exact same AV installation. 
it gets a failed attempt once in a while (no idea why, the package is still the latest AV installation) and if i'll run the same client task again manually it'll work. it just needs a rerun. 

now that we've cleared that, any way to get that to work? 

Also I mentioned another status of "TImed out" 

Thanks

• ESET Staff

Any chance firewall is used that might block access of AGENT to ESET repository servers and thus failing, depending on where AGENT is downloading package from? Various data-centers and public CND providers are used to server installers, so missing access to one of them could result in seemingly random failures.

1 hour ago, MartinK said:

Any chance firewall is used that might block access of AGENT to ESET repository servers and thus failing, depending on where AGENT is downloading package from? Various data-centers and public CND providers are used to server installers, so missing access to one of them could result in seemingly random failures.

I never tried to mess around with that, so I assume unless ESET has some default to block certain repos, there shouldn't be anything blocking it. 

in terms of working through proxy, I have such solution deployed, but I'm limiting it to agent reporting only and not mirroring or serving as download points for app