Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello ,

First of all I've been using ESET since ages , so I remember the age when I used to use v4

So I have a worry , that version 4 might be a little bit outdated? , maybe to switch to the endpoint product for Linux?

Or it's fine ? , maybe malware ,viruses can now bypass v4 outdated technology

Am I wrong somewhere? if so please correct me .

Thanks in advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

V4 still receives module updates so you are protected. Moreover, the number of malware on Linux is much smaller than on Windows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Most Valued Members

V4 should be considered as an obsolete software that is no longer maintained but only receive signature updates

It's not an antivirus to rely on with newest malware techniques , I believe it can be considered as a scanner only.

Endpoint product should work better as it's new developed but still it lacks GUI.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, Nightowl said:

V4 should be considered as an obsolete software that is no longer maintained but only receive signature updates

It's not an antivirus to rely on with newest malware techniques , I believe it can be considered as a scanner only.

Endpoint product should work better as it's new developed but still it lacks GUI.

Have I read it right that home users can use the endpoint version for now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Most Valued Members
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, peteyt said:

Have I read it right that home users can use the endpoint version for now?

I don't think so as you would need a business license to activate it

And it's managed through terminal or EMSC

Edited by Nightowl
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, Nightowl said:

I don't think so as you would need a business license to activate it

And it's managed through terminal or EMSC

I've put the quote from Marcos bellow. I'm not a Linux user but the only reason I asked is it is still advertised online but EOL has ended

 

"Also note that ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux desktop v4 has already reached EOL and is not supported. As a temporary replacement we provide ESET Endpoint Antivirus for Linux v7."

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Most Valued Members
8 minutes ago, peteyt said:

I've put the quote from Marcos bellow. I'm not a Linux user but the only reason I asked is it is still advertised online but EOL has ended

 

"Also note that ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux desktop v4 has already reached EOL and is not supported. As a temporary replacement we provide ESET Endpoint Antivirus for Linux v7."

It will be only possible to manage it through terminal or a security center which most people won't have

I tried to install it but it failed to run on my Linux unfortunately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

I recently installed nod32 on linux and also noticed the ancient UI and license.

WHY is it advertised if it's a legacy product is what I'm wondering. There was no CLEAR way to tell that it's not an active product anymore.

Also: I'm fine with going trough a portal to use the endpoint antivirus but then you need to be able to just buy one license like we can now....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing I don't understand: "eset security endpoint for linux" is just the same nod32 v4 client but with 'business' slapped on it, from the looks of it.
How is it different from normal nod32.. both seem outdated

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

1, ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux desktop is a legacy product, however, we will keep releasing module updates for it for the next 1-2 years at least.

2, Users with an EAV for LD license will be offered ESET Endpoint Antivirus v7 later this year. EEA v7 is completely different from EAV for LD v4, you can find help at https://help.eset.com/eeau/7/en-US/.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Marcos said:

1, ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux desktop is a legacy product, however, we will keep releasing module updates for it for the next 1-2 years at least.

2, Users with an EAV for LD license will be offered ESET Endpoint Antivirus v7 later this year. EEA v7 is completely different from EAV for LD v4, you can find help at https://help.eset.com/eeau/7/en-US/.

From what i look up online, ESET endpoint security for Linux just install the nod32 business edition. Which again, is the outdated application

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
41 minutes ago, Thibaultmol said:

From what i look up online, ESET endpoint security for Linux just install the nod32 business edition. Which again, is the outdated application

Not really. ESET Endpoint Antivirus v7 was released last year and the last version 7.1.9.0 was released this week:

image.png

Currently it's available only for users with a business license but it should be available also for consumers later this year as a temporary solution before ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux desktop v7 becomes available.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Not really. ESET Endpoint Antivirus v7 was released last year and the last version 7.1.9.0 was released this week:

image.png

Currently it's available only for users with a business license but it should be available also for consumers later this year as a temporary solution before ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux desktop v7 becomes available.

Am I correct in that ESET Endpoint antivirus doesn't have an interface/gui? (only command line).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
1 minute ago, Thibaultmol said:

Am I correct in that ESET Endpoint antivirus doesn't have an interface/gui? (only command line).

 

Correct. Only basic notifications and alerts are displayed. Future versions will have gui.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...