Anything I should change to get faster torrent downloads?

• Administrators

Does the problem occur with both utorrent v2 and utorrent v3? Does temporarily disabling web protection make a difference? What about temporarily disabling protocol filtering, just for a test?

I use uTorrent v2 coz v3 is bloated.

Anyway, is there any setting I should change in order not to have NOD32 slow my download speed?

I have excluded Utorrent in Protocol filternig, it helps a lot in not slowing internet browsing when your torrent client is downloading with high speed.

Does the problem occur with both utorrent v2 and utorrent v3? Does temporarily disabling web protection make a difference? What about temporarily disabling protocol filtering, just for a test?

`no 3 doesn't seem to have this problem. But v2 is slow with NOD32

Anyway, is there any setting I should change in order not to have NOD32 slow my download speed?

I have excluded Utorrent in Protocol filternig, it helps a lot in not slowing internet browsing when your torrent client is downloading with high speed.

ok let me see if that improves things

Edited by Tweak Arena

• Administrators

Just to make sure, couldn't the "slowdown" be just a display issue caused by utorrent counting the data incorrectly when ESET is Installed? What operating system do you use?

Just to make sure, couldn't the "slowdown" be just a display issue caused by utorrent counting the data incorrectly when ESET is Installed? What operating system do you use?

I can't tell but what I know is when I excluded uTorrent from the web filtering it becamse 10x times faster.

I am currently on Windows 7 Professional SP1 (x64)

It's true. If you have excluded uTorrent in Protocol filtering, it helps a lot in not slowing web browsing while uTorrent is downloading.

If you don't excluded uTorrent in Protocol filtering, it shows extremely slow browsing speed on all web browsers.

I tested this 3 pc (Windows 7 home premium - SP1 (x64) + ESET 7.0.317.4)

Edited by sky7

It's true. If you have excluded uTorrent in Protocol filtering, it helps a lot in not slowing web browsing while uTorrent is downloading.

If you don't excluded uTorrent in Protocol filtering, it shows extremely slow browsing speed on all web browsers.

I also excluded Pale Moon (my browser) from this HTTP scanning

I would never exclude my browser(s) for several reasons, but each to their own.

Instead I would..

1. Stop torrenting while you are browsing.

2. Or upgrade to V3 that you say work fine and keep the http scanning enabled (for your browser(s) at least) and simply "forget" about the bloat that is in V3. 

I haven't used torrent softwares since 2002 so I don't know what they look like these days.  ^_^

I don't recommend to exclude web browser from ESET Protocol filtering.

Anyway I thinkt that there is some issue between ESET Protocol filtering and uTorrent client (v2 and v3).

Edited by sky7

I would never exclude my browser(s) for several reasons, but each to their own.

Instead I would..

1. Stop torrenting while you are browsing.

2. Or upgrade to V3 that you say work fine and keep the http scanning enabled (for your browser(s) at least) and simply "forget" about the bloat that is in V3. 

I haven't used torrent softwares since 2002 so I don't know what they look like these days.  ^_^

I'll try qBittorrent and see if that has any issues with NOD32`s HTTP scanning

• Administrators

If I remember correctly, last time we tested utorrent v3 we didn't encounter any issues. Since we now know that the issue is related to v2 only, we'll test it with that version as well and let you know about our findings.