Scheduled Tasks

Regards.

I have a question about the configuration of scheduled tasks, specifically the one in charge of searching for virus definition updates.

This task is scheduled to run every 60 minutes, but I remember that previously, if the task did not run at the scheduled time, it would run as soon as possible. Now the task is scheduled to run only at the scheduled time.

Was it a deliberate change by ESET or is it a bug?

I know I can change the programming myself, but I would like to know first what caused this change.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Anotación 2020-09-07 183008.png

• Administrators

Neither tasks nor other settings are changed automatically on their own without your interaction. The default regular update task is set to run repeatedly every hour.

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, Marcos said:

Neither tasks nor other settings are changed automatically on their own without your interaction. The default regular update task is set to run repeatedly every hour.

I think the user meant that it still runs every hour but in previous versions it was set to run as soon as possible if the hourly scheduled task failed but the task now is just set to hourly without the soon as possible option. So he is wondering why the change?

Perhaps the confusion is the startup scans are set to run ASAP if missed?

I agree that I never recollect that that normal update scans were ever set to run ASAP. Doing so could actually cause multiple like scans to be running at the same time in certain circumstances.

Edited by itman

6 hours ago, peteyt said:

I think the user meant that it still runs every hour but in previous versions it was set to run as soon as possible if the hourly scheduled task failed but the task now is just set to hourly without the soon as possible option. So he is wondering why the change?

Thank you, if that's exactly what I meant.

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

I've taken this from v12 so it doesn't look like the default skip option has changed recently:

image.png

So if the programming did not change, if the way of working changed. Previously, I noticed that if the update task had not been executed within 60 minutes of the previous one because the PC was busy in a full screen application (game, movie, etc). As soon as I left the application, the search for updates occurred immediately.

Not now, now if the last search was, for example, at 11:25 am and I use a program that requires full screen, and I exit the program at 2:45 pm, there is no immediate search for updates, despite more than one hour has passed since the last one, the search is carried out until 3:25 pm.