Remote Administrator and Security Managment Centre

I am considering moving across to NOD using of the Business Packs. Part of the packs is both the Eset Security Management Center and the Eset Remote Administrator Console. I am unclear as to what the difference between these two components is and whether you would choose one or both.  We have a number of pc to be protected across two locations and I would like to receive alerts and be able to do scanning of linked pc remotely. 

• ESET Staff

Hello, 

ESMC (ESET Security Management Center) is the newer version of ERA (ESET Remote Administrator). So I would highly recommend to focus on the ESMC

• ESET Staff

@beethoven I would recommend that you use ESET Cloud Administrator, meaning purchase one of the eligible cloud bundles (ESET Endpoint Protection Advanced Cloud would be my choice). In those cases, the console is hosted by ESET in the Cloud, you do not need to maintain it, and as it is cloud based, the only thing you need to handle is internet connectivity at your two locations. 

Guys, thank you very much for your info - the product I am interested in is the ESET Home Office and Small Business Pack which contains for remote Management  both ESET Security Management Centre and ESET Remote Administrator 6.   I am still not sure if I will need to install and run both ESMC and ERA or will have only ESMC to deal with (plus the agents). 

Having just checked the Eset Endpoint Protection Advanced Cloud, it's in the same price range - so what are the benefits of one over the other product range?  I am looking at 20-25 seats initially.

Edited by beethoven

• ESET Staff

Hello @beethoven. What confuses you is that the "ESET SECURITY MANAGEMENT CENTER" is a newer version of "ESET REMOTE ADMINISTRATOR". So you just need only one, and in this case the first one (V7.1 is the latest version). 

If you opt in for ESET Endpoint Protection Advanced Cloud, the primary difference is, that you will not have to install and maintain the management server (update it to newer versions, patch the system, etc ...), but it will be instead provided via a cloud service, maintained, updated by ESET. You will just download the installers, deploy them to your computers, and that´s it. So the primary benefit is that for you it´s almost zero maintenance solution, which will be always updated to the latest version by ESET to ensure you have the latest features at your disposal. 

If you want to see how this solution looks we have an interactive demo available here: https://www.eset.com/us/business/cloud-administrator/demo/  

Michalj,

thanks for the suggestion and I will watch the video. 

It is indeed a bit confusing if on the feature list for the small Business Pack both options are listed when only one is really required.  Am I glad though that you responded because based on your description of the Endpoint Protection Advanced Cloud, that's probably exactly what I am looking for.

• ESET Staff

@beethoven Thank you for your feedback. Can you share with me the feature list of the Business Pack (web link, or any other source), I will make sure that this is corrected, as it creates unnecessary confusion. 

Michalj, 

thanks for your response - Oliver already contacted me but here is the link/page that confused me:

maybe I am reading this wrong 

https://www.eset.com/au/business/security-packs/

It states Security packs contain .... Remote Management:   then list 3 options/features

I suppose if we go with the suggested Endpoint Protection Advanced Cloud for 20 seats, we can easily increase that in increments if we need more seats?

• ESET Staff

Yes, you can always increase seat count as compared to the pack, the EEPAC spans from 5-250 seats (and we will expand it even further in the near future).