eset gui startup hidden

I have the eset gui start with OS startup but I want the window start hidden or minimized. How to do that? 

• Administrators

Gui should start minimized. There is no special setting for that. You can try creating a support ticket with your local ESET support but there is no known cause for that.

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, Marcos said:

Gui should start minimized. There is no special setting for that. You can try creating a support ticket with your local ESET support but there is no known cause for that.

I wonder if he means the splash screen that can be disabled in advanced setup

11 minutes ago, peteyt said:

I wonder if he means the splash screen that can be disabled in advanced setup

No I mean the window not the splash screen. I already sent a ticket to support 

Some is wrong with the Eset GUI startup entry. See below screen shoot. By default, Eset GUI program is set to run hidden. Probably the easiest way to fix it is uninstall and reinstall Eset.Eset_GUI.thumb.png.e276f85a4fd3fca23c1aaacffe09b3c0.png

46 minutes ago, itman said:

Some is wrong with the Eset GUI startup entry. See below screen shoot. By default, Eset GUI program is set to run hidden. Probably the easiest way to fix it is uninstall and reinstall Eset.Eset_GUI.thumb.png.e276f85a4fd3fca23c1aaacffe09b3c0.png

Yes I have the same entry but it doesn't show any icon at the system tray. That's what I want to see. So I decided to create an entry to the egui.exe at the startup folder. That one opens the window and the icon in the system tray.

3 hours ago, jcmn said:

Yes I have the same entry but it doesn't show any icon at the system tray. That's what I want to see. So I decided to create an entry to the egui.exe at the startup folder. That one opens the window and the icon in the system tray.

Did you verify initially that the Eset desktop toolbar icon was not hidden? If an "up arrow" symbol exists on the right side of the toolbar, mouse click on it and verify that the Eset icon is not shown there.

Edited by itman

14 hours ago, itman said:

Did you verify initially that the Eset desktop toolbar icon was not hidden? If an "up arrow" symbol exists on the right side of the toolbar, mouse click on it and verify that the Eset icon is not shown there.

Yes I verified it was not there. Meanwhile the support told me to uninstall-reboot-reinstall. But since my workaround was successful I will wait for a next update of the software and see what happens.

Are you sure this isn't a Windows configuration rather than ESET? Windows 10 usually re-opens many software (interface) after a reboot, by default it remembers everything you had opened.

Perhaps, but why it doesn't happen with other startup items that I have setup? And do you know what W10 config can affect this?