Why is my ESET not updating to the latest product version?

I have ESET Internet Security 13.0.22.0. However, the latest version of the product is 13.1.16.0

I saw ESET saying updating product, but it won't actually update the product. I am still on 13.0.22.0 and can't seem to update the software.

How do I fix this without any uninstallation of the software?

Edited by Alex21
Had to change the latest version

• Administrators

Did you install it using Live Installer or you upgraded from an older version via the in-product update feature or somehow else?
Please provide:
1, logs collected with ESET Log Collector
2, the content of the "C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\updfiles\http_repository.eset.com" folder.

2 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Did you install it using Live Installer or you upgraded from an older version via the in-product update feature or somehow else?
Please provide:
1, logs collected with ESET Log Collector
2, the content of the "C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\updfiles\http_repository.eset.com" folder.

The antivirus came with the PC (the guy who reset my computer installed it) and it was on 12 (2017). I upgraded from it to 13. How should I send you these files? via DM or in the topic itself?

22 hours ago, Marcos said:

You can upload the files here. They are available only to ESET staff.

I couldn't upload the content of the updfiles since it doesn't support the extension (it has no . extension, it's just a basic file.) I will check if my DNS has been poisoned and it prevents me from updating.

eset_log.zip

I didn't see my update either yet. One machine got it. My mobile got an update too. The other laptop saw nothing.

ESETVER.png

Edited by PassingBy

1 hour ago, PassingBy said:

I didn't see my update either yet. One machine got it. My mobile got an update too. The other laptop saw nothing.

ESETVER.png

The cause of my problem is probably my outdated OS (Windows 7) or due to the server.

• Administrators

Are you offered the upgrade after switching to the pre-release update channel? Couldn't it be that you disabled program updates in the advanced update setup?

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Are you offered the upgrade after switching to the pre-release update channel?

Looks like it offered me an update after switching to the pre-release. I have just checked for updates and it looks like it is downloading. The file name is em002_64_I0.dll.nup

Is this it?

The program didn't update, instead it downloaded Pre-released modules but I had the latest modules. I only have 2 folders left in the ProgramData\Eset\Eset Smart Security\updfiles

Restarted my PC and nothing.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Couldn't it be that you disabled program updates in the advanced update setup?

I haven't played with the Advanced Settings and haven't touched the Update Setup. I dig over the forums and found that users with valid license keys were able to update the product. I have a trial license but even with a non-trial license it didn't updated. My old license was cancelled which should lasted till 2022 but even with that license I wasn't able to update to the latest version at that time.

Edited by Alex21
Had to change the effect of changing to pre-release updates.

• ESET Moderators

Hello guys,

if you are running Windows 7, make sure you have your system fully updated. After doing so, the update should be offered for you.

@Alex21 can you please provide us with export of HKLM\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Component Based Servicing\\Packages   on the system, where you currently have version 13.0 and the upgrade is not offered? 

Peter

3 hours ago, Peter Randziak said:

@Alex21 can you please provide us with export of HKLM\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Component Based Servicing\\Packages   on the system, where you currently have version 13.0 and the upgrade is not offered? 

I will do that when I am available. I also tried cleaning the cache of the update and restarted. Haven't saw nothing but I will send the log.

• Administrators

Thank you. Obviously some registry values are set to a value meaning "superseded" instead of "installed" that we didn't expect. We are currently discussing how to deal with it. In the mean time, use the installer to upgrade to the latest version or to install it from scratch.

21 hours ago, Marcos said:

Thank you. Obviously some registry values are set to a value meaning "superseded" instead of "installed" that we didn't expect. We are currently discussing how to deal with it. In the mean time, use the installer to upgrade to the latest version or to install it from scratch.

Will the fix be released and will be able to update ESET later? Just curious

On 4/7/2020 at 10:59 PM, Marcos said:

My ESET says "LiveGrid essentials are not correct". Could this be the reason why am I not able to update? I tried flushing the dns and resetting the winsock, I haven't tried other ipconfig commands so there might be hope.

I also noticed that ESET blocks NT Kernel and DNS Client (the kernel got blocked 108 times while the client got blocked 61). Is this normal?

Here is the image: 

eset_troubleshoot.PNG.67b399d1028cbb1850e086fa513a6dcb.PNG

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Alex21 said:

My ESET says "LiveGrid essentials are not correct". Could this be the reason why am I not able to update? I tried flushing the dns and resetting the winsock, I haven't tried other ipconfig commands so there might be hope.

I also noticed that ESET blocks NT Kernel and DNS Client (the kernel got blocked 108 times while the client got blocked 61). Is this normal?

Here is the image: 

1, According to the ELC logs you have provided, you were using a leaked license and had a crack installed. Please uninstall the ESET crack and purchase a license from an authorized seller.

2, You have opened the Firewall troubleshooting wizard. Please ignore the blocked communication unless you experience an actual issue with network connectivity.

46 minutes ago, Marcos said:

1, According to the ESET Log Collector logs you have provided, you were using a leaked license and had a crack installed. Please uninstall the ESET crack and purchase a license from an authorized seller.

I don't use the program at all and will never use it. It was downloaded by my PC repair shop. And about the LiveGrid, what should I do about that? Is it because of that leaked license? When will the problem be fixed? Will I receive an update for the product?

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, Alex21 said:

I don't use the program at all and will never use it. It was downloaded by my PC repair shop. And about the LiveGrid, what should I do about that? Is it because of that leaked license? When will the problem be fixed? Will I receive an update for the product?

Yes. A valid license is required for the product to update and for LiveGrid and other features to work.

3 hours ago, Alex21 said:

I don't use the program at all and will never use it. It was downloaded by my PC repair shop.

Then uninstall Eset as previously directed.