ESET Endpoint Solutions on MacOS not installing with epi_mac_live_installer.pkg

v.brissat

Hello,

My company gave me an epi_mac_live_installer.pkg to install ESET on my Mac, (Mac OS Catalina), and I can't finish the installation.

The process ends with "installation a échoué" (sorry I am French ^^), and that's all.

Something interesting : I have ESET Endpoint Security and ESET Remote Administrator Agent installed, but not functioning.

I can found some logs on my Mac related to ESET installation, but I'm not sure if it's OK :

eset_daemon :

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000158
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process:   exc handler [6017]

eset_gui :

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000030
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process:   exc handler [5459]

Or, in system log :

Mar 14 16:59:33 MacBook-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.eset.remoteadministrator.agent): The RootDirectory key is not yet implemented. If you rely on this key, please file a bug.

Thanks for your help !!!

Vivien

PS : I wanted to open an issue, but I can't find my case in the form 😕 (there is not Mac OS on OS list)

• ESET Moderators

Hello @v.brissat,

collect the logs as described at https://support.eset.com/en/kb3404-use-eset-logcollector-on-macos-and-send-the-logs-to-eset-technical-support, upload them to a safe location and send me download details with a reference to this topic, I will have them checked.

On 3/14/2020 at 5:03 PM, v.brissat said:

PS : I wanted to open an issue, but I can't find my case in the form 😕 (there is not Mac OS on OS list)

which form have you tried?

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi!

Was there any progress on this? Not sure if it's related, but me and a colleague are currently evaluating ESET. We are both unable to install ESET using the "live installer" (epi_mac_live_installer.pkg). Installation using the "regular download" works fine, though.

We are both running newer versions of Catalina. Not sure about my colleague, but I'm on 10.15.5.

All the downloads are progressing as expected, but after finally selecting install location and proceeding with the installation itself, it progresses strangely fast and then fails. In the macOS install.log, I found entries about the "postinstall" script failing. I can't find the exact entries at the moment, but I noticed something along the lines of "Selected package  not available" or something. I'll see if I can reproduce tomorrow.