ESET Smart Security and win8.1 update

They are incompatible with each other,right?

How do we solve that?

Requests the official ESET solve this problem as soon as possible. Because I really like ESET SS.

Thanks! :D 

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

ESET Smart Security 7.0.302.26 is compatible with Windows 8.1 Update. 

If you are installing Windows 8.1 Update onto a computer running Windows 8.1, perform an update manually in ESET Smart Security to make sure you have the latest modules installed in it before updating the operating system.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Hello,

If you are installing Windows 8.1 Update onto a computer running Windows 8.1, perform an update manually in ESET Smart Security to make sure you have the latest modules installed in it before updating the operating system.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

As long as I installed ESET, win8.1 update will display a blue screen, may I ask why, thank you very much.

Edited by Aryeh Goretsky
removed duplicated quote

As long as I installed ESET, win8.1 update will display a blue screen, may I ask why, thank you very much.

This is due to conflicting drivers usually, and you have to remove any other security products you might have.

Try running the ESET Uninstaller in safe mode to check for any existing drivers of security products that may need removal.

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=soln2289

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

May I ask what of the reverse? If Windows is already updated and then ESS is installed are any problems expected? I know the first thing it does after you activate it is update, but are there any issues between installation and update?

This is due to conflicting drivers usually, and you have to remove any other security products you might have.

Try running the ESET Uninstaller in safe mode to check for any existing drivers of security products that may need removal.

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=soln2289

Thank you very much!

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

First, get the computer into an operable state with Windows 8.1 and ESET Smart Security 7 installed and fully updated, less the Windows 8.1 Update.

Before applying the Windows 8.1 Update, take the following two steps:

When you have done those, reproduce the stop error (BSOD) by installing the Windows 8.1 update, and then allowing it to generate the memory dump when the stop error occurs.   If the computer has a large amount of memory in it, consider removing as many memory modules as possible to keep the size of the memory dump relatively small (you may also be able to do this in the computer's BIOS/UEFI firmware).

When done, compress then the ESET SysInspector log and memory dump files, upload them to a safe location and send the location of the download link via private message, and we can have ESET's engineers take a look at it to determine why this is happening on the computer.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• Administrators

If your computer blue screens and you can reproduce the crash easily, it'd be necessary to configure the system to generate complete memory dumps and convey us the dump created during BSOD for further analysis.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

There are no issues. You might be asked to restart the computer after all the modules have been updated (I haven't seen this behavior myself when installing ESET Smart Security to a clean install of Windows 8.1 Update, but did just want to mention it was possible in case some future update requests a reboot).

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Hello,

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

May I ask what of the reverse? If Windows is already updated and then ESS is installed are any problems expected? I know the first thing it does after you activate it is update, but are there any issues between installation and update?