Failure to load data

• Most Valued Members

Hi,

I'm just encountering a very weird error.  I was just trying to create a new peer certificate when after clicking on create, the webconsole spins for a bit and then it displays "Failure to load data" and then it promptly logs me out.   Now when I try to log back in, it shows a small message above the login part " Login failed: Connection has failed with state 'Not connected'.  After a bit, it'll allow me to log in; but when I do, it then shows an error "Failed to load tags" and then it boots me out.  Now it won't let me log in.

I go onto the server's event viewer and noticed this error: The ESET Security Management Center Server service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 3 times.

So I go and restart the ESMC server and try to log in.  Unfortunately, it immediately gives me a "Failed to load all tags." error and then after clicking the OK, it gives me a 2nd error:  Failed to load data report resolving failed: null.   I click on ok and it boots me out again.  So I restart the ESMC server again...

I'm feeling it might have something to do with me creating an ad hoc tag during the certificate creation stage.   Not entirely sure; but I feel the database has been horked.

Right now, I'm going into the database (which thankfully is MySQL based) and figure out which table his horked and hopefully fix it; otherwise, I'll need to do a complete reinstall (unless someone else has a good idea).

Edmund

• Most Valued Members

Managed to unhork the database by the following (luckily I had only one tag):

1. go into mysql
  2. select the era database
  3. delete from tbl_tags_zig;

Restarted the ESMC server service, and now I can log in.

Steps to reproduce this issue:

1. Create new peer certificate
  2. Enter the necessary information as required, particularly for the first screen where it allows you to specify a tag, you click on "select tag" and then enter a value that isn't in your tag list.
  3. finish up the certificate signing and click Finish
  4. It will then state that the Certificate has been created; but would then follow up with a Failed to load data and then it'll log you off and the ESMC service will crash.

Edmund

• Most Valued Members

Addendum:

I looked at the database tables that I think are related to tags (namely, tbl_tags_*) and found that while the test tag I created got entered into tbl_tags_zig,  none of the other 'related' tables were ever modified in that they were all empty.   So I what I think happens is if you create an ad hoc tag, it adds it to the tbl_tags_zig,  with the blockdata; but not actually update/add anything else to the other tables (as I speculate that the tbl_tags_data should also have something added to it as referenced to it).

Edmund

• Administrators

Could you confirm that the system where ESMC Server is running on is powered by an older CPU without support for SSE4 instructions?

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 5:45 AM, Marcos said:

Could you confirm that the system where ESMC Server is running on is powered by an older CPU without support for SSE4 instructions?

Hello, I have the same problem. My ESMC runs on older CPU. Is there any solution?